Roseville Road Bicycle Accident Caused by Fleeing Driver
A hit-and-run that caused a bicycle accident injury occurred in North Highlands on May 27. The crash was called in by a reporting person who said they heard the acceleration and the traffic collision when it happened. The accident happened at the intersection of Roseville Road and Palm Avenue around 7:29 p.m.
Car Parts Found at the Bicycle Accident Scene
Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said the rider told them he was struck by a vehicle, which then fled the scene. Subsequently, medics with the fire department were called to the accident to assess injuries to the rider. Car parts were found at the bicycle accident site, which may have indicated the car involved was a silver-colored Chevy Malibu or an older model GM vehicle.
Police Seeking Fleeing Driver
The roadway was cleared by 8:07 p.m. Authorities with the CHP traffic accident investigation team are seeking the hit-and-run driver and determining how the collision occurred. Information was not provided on the extent of injuries to the rider and whether he was transported to a hospital or treated at the scene.
How an Injury Lawyer Locates a Hit-and-Run Driver
By employing various investigative techniques and legal resources, an injury lawyer endeavors to track down the fleeing driver and hold them accountable for their actions. Here are some key methods utilized by an injury lawyer to locate a fleeing driver:
- Gathering eyewitness accounts: The lawyer interviews witnesses who may have observed the accident and takes statements to gather crucial information about the incident and the fleeing driver.
- Surveillance footage: An injury lawyer reviews footage from nearby cameras, such as traffic and security cameras from buildings, or dashcam footage from other vehicles, to identify the hit-and-run driver and their vehicle.
- Police collaboration: The lawyer works closely with law enforcement agencies, providing them with any relevant information they have gathered and coordinating efforts to locate the responsible driver.
- Utilizing social media and online platforms: The lawyer leverages social media and online platforms to disseminate information about the accident, appealing to the public for any helpful leads or information that could aid in identifying the driver.
- Collaboration with accident reconstruction experts: In complex cases, an injury lawyer may collaborate with accident reconstruction experts to analyze the accident scene, vehicle damage, and other relevant factors to gather clues and determine the identity of the hit-and-run driver.
Utilizing Insurance to Pay for Your Injuries
If the driver cannot be located, the injured party may use their uninsured/underinsured motorist policy to recover damages for their injuries. If the injured person does not carry this insurance rider but another family member has it, that may be used instead. The policy rates remain unaffected.
To help you make an informed decision about hiring an attorney, personal injury lawyer Ed Smith offers these tips:
Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I am a Roseville personal injury lawyer. A negligent motorist may be liable for your injuries if you file a claim with the help of an accident attorney. You can reach us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice. If you prefer, you can access our online contact form.
It is an honor for us to be a member of these organizations:
Click on the following links to learn how our injury lawyers have helped others:
:cd llo