Watt Avenue Multiple-Vehicle North Highlands Crash
On January 22, a tragic multiple-car collision took place in North Highlands, resulting in a fatality. The incident occurred at the intersection of Watt Avenue and Winona Way around 11:34 a.m., and it led to the entrapment of two individuals inside their vehicles. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) promptly summoned firefighters to the scene to assist in extricating those trapped.
Multiple-Vehicle North Highlands Crash Kills One Person
All the northbound and southbound lanes were shut down due to the crash. In addition, a traffic signal was down, and the wires had to be disconnected and moved. The Sacramento County Coroner arrived to declare one person deceased at the accident scene. Injuries were not reported. The CHP traffic collision unit is investigating the crash to determine the cause.
Multiple-Vehicle Crashes Caused by Negligence
Negligence can contribute to a multiple-vehicle crash in North Highlands through various scenarios. Here are a few examples:
- Distracted Driving: A driver’s distraction from texting or talking on the phone leads to a collision that couldn’t be avoided in time.
- Speeding: Excessive speed made it impossible for a driver to stop quickly, resulting in a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Fatigue: Drivers may become too fatigued to operate their vehicles safely, possibly due to irregular schedules, staying out late the previous night, or other reasons.
- Impaired Driving: Multiple-vehicle collisions can occur when drunk or drugged drivers operate vehicles unsafely, often resulting in wrong-way collisions.
Multiple-Vehicle Collision Liability
Car accidents involving multiple vehicles and several at-fault drivers can be complex. In such situations, consulting with an injury lawyer can be beneficial. To establish negligence in the unfortunate event of a fatality resulting from a multiple-vehicle crash in North Highlands, a thorough investigation becomes essential. This investigation serves as a critical step that allows the grieving family to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.
Sudden Loss of a Loved One
In the wake of the loss of a loved one, families are often consumed with grief. In contrast, death caused by the negligence of another person is far more tragic. This often leads to wrongful death claims being filed by the families of the deceased. It won’t ease their grief, but it will ensure that the individuals responsible for causing the death are held accountable, and they won’t be burdened with financial hardship.
Compensation Awarded in a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death lawsuit can result in the recovery of various damages, including:
- Funeral and Burial Costs: You can claim expenses related to the funeral and burial.
- Lost Earnings and Benefits: Compensation may cover the wages, pensions, insurance benefits, tips, and bonuses the deceased would have earned up to retirement age.
- Loss of Consortium: A claim can be made for the loss of companionship, love, and affection that the decedent would have provided if they had survived.
- Compensation for Children: Children of the deceased may receive compensation for the loss of comfort, guidance, and nurturing they would have received.
- Reimbursement for Household Chores: If the deceased was responsible for household tasks like tax preparation, vehicle and lawn care, childcare, and other contributions that benefited the family, reimbursement for these expenses may be possible.
Wrongful death claims are explained in the following video by accident attorney Ed Smith:
North Highlands Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a North Highlands wrongful death lawyer. If a loved one died as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may wish to find out if you have legal options for filing a wrongful death claim. At (916) 921-6400, our injury lawyers are available to answer your questions compassionately, free of charge, and in a friendly manner. We can also be reached via phone at (800) 404-5400 or our online website.
Our top priority is getting the compensation a grieving family or injured individual deserves. Check out our Google and Yelp reviews and the Settlements and Verdicts page for more information. In addition to showing our dedication to helping our clients, we are also members of Million Dollar Advocates and Top 1 Percent.
:cd  cha