Madison Avenue Collision Results in Four Injuries
A multiple-vehicle crash occurred near Carmichael on April 6 that resulted in four injuries, two of them critical. The collision occurred along Madison Avenue near Hackberry Lane during the morning hours. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that Metro Fire Crews responded to the four-vehicle accident.
Three Injured People Transported to Hospital After Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Firefighters had to extricate two persons in separate vehicles because they were trapped. Two were reported in critical condition, and the other two suffered minor injuries. Three of the patients were transported to a hospital for treatment and evaluation.
How Serious Injuries Occur in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Multiple-vehicle crashes can cause serious and life-threatening injuries, as there is a greater chance of multiple impact points between the vehicles. When such an accident occurs, it often results in extensive vehicle damage and severe injuries to drivers and passengers alike. The most common types of serious injuries that may occur in a multiple-vehicle vehicle crash include:
- Head and brain injuries: Even when a driver or passenger is wearing a seatbelt, the force of an impact can cause the head to jolt back and forth, leading to traumatic brain injuries. A concussion may also be caused by blunt force trauma to the skull.
- Neck and spinal cord injuries: Cervical strain or sprain is a common type of neck injury that may occur during a multiple-vehicle collision. Whiplash can range from a mild strain to torn ligaments and tissue damage. Spinal cord injuries are also a possible result of the impact, which may lead to paralysis, loss of sensation and other disabling effects.
- Broken bones: The force of a multiple-vehicle crash can easily break bones, particularly in the arms, legs and feet. Even when an individual is wearing a seatbelt, it may not be enough to protect them from experiencing broken bones.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are not always visible on the surface, but bleeding and organ damage in the body can still occur in a multiple-vehicle accident. These injuries may not be immediately known and can cause serious long-term consequences if left untreated.
- Facial injuries: Facial lacerations, broken bones and other disfiguring injuries can result from the impact of a multiple-vehicle collision.
How a Lawyer Can Recover Compensation for an Injured Client
After a multiple-vehicle crash, an injured party needs to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can review the facts and circumstances of the accident and help their client pursue full and fair compensation from all liable parties.
Injured individuals can seek damages for medical bills and other related expenses. Depending on the circumstances of the crash, there may be more than one negligent driver or party that can be held liable for the damages sustained by an injured party.
The attorney will review the evidence and build a strong case to support the client’s claims. Once this has been established, the lawyer can then pursue compensation from the responsible parties.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. As a result of accidents, people may experience financial hardship and pain and suffering. If you call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400, our accident attorneys can offer you free, friendly advice and answer your questions. There is also an option to send a message via an online form.
Our membership in these organizations is an honor:
Learn more about how our injury lawyers have recovered compensation for our clients at the following links:
:cd llo