Injuries Reported in Franklin Boulevard Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Two injuries occurred in a multiple-vehicle crash in Sacramento recently. The collision occurred around 9:30 in the morning along southbound Franklin Boulevard at 51st Avenue. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the accident was violent enough that two of the vehicles were unable to be moved, and the multiple-vehicle crash involved a Kia and Nissan Pathfinder, with the other undescribed.
Two Injuries Reported
Two parties involved in the collision had complaints of pain to their back and neck, and were tended to by emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department. It was not reported whether they were transported to a medical facility for further care. The accident is being investigated by the CHP to determine the cause.
Causes of a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
A crash involving multiple cars is common because when one vehicle strikes another, it often causes one or both vehicles to go out of their lane and strike others. In addition, drivers behind the vehicles in the collision may be following too close and strike them also. Some of the reasons a vehicle crash occurs include:
- Distracted driving can include taking on a cell phone, texting, changing a radio station or anything else that takes the driver’s eyes from the road. As more people attempt to multitask while driving, it has become a leading cause of accidents.
- Reckless driving: Motorists who speed, tailgate, cut in and out of traffic or run a red light risk causing a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Drunk and drugged driving: Those who are inebriated or using drugs cause similar dangers when driving. They lose their ability to react quickly and make decisions that are safe. Drunk and drugged drivers can easily cause a crash.
- Speeding: Drivers who speed have more difficulty stopping and risk losing control of their vehicle.
- Not adjusting speed during bad weather: All drivers know that a vehicle can be more difficult to control during rainy, snowy weather or when it is foggy out. Although they may be driving at the speed limit, weather conditions may dictate that they slow down to avoid an accident.
- Dangers of intersections: Around 40 percent of all traffic crashes happen at intersections. Driver error is usually the cause and can result in a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Driving after dark: Extra precautions are required when driving after dark, especially keeping a lookout for motorcyclists, bicycle riders and pedestrians.
Calling an Experienced Sacramento Lawyer
When you or your loved one has been injured in a traffic accident, it is only natural to wonder how you will pay your medical bills and for your lost wages. By placing a claim against the at-fault party either through the insurance company or by taking the case to court, you can be reimbursed for medical costs, wages and for the pain and suffering you have endured. Over my years as an injury lawyer, I’ve successfully handled many of these cases, and an initial consultation with me is free.
To place a claim, there must be evidence that the at-fault party was responsible for a client’s injuries. We send investigators to the accident site right away to collect the evidence needed. Among the things they do are to perform accident reconstruction and check for traffic surveillance cameras that could have captured the crash on tape. They also interview the witnesses and check for mistakes in the police report. Once the evidence collection is complete, our legal team can build a strong case that supports our client’s claim.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m a proud member of:
The following links tell you more about my practice:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/accident-auto-damage-vehicle-1409005/
:cd llo [cs 681]