Five Vehicle Crash Occurs on S.R. 273
A multiple-vehicle crash in Anderson on April 5 resulted in at least one major injury. The collision occurred at the State Route 273 and Ox Yoke Road intersection around 9:39 in the morning. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that it involved five vehicles, blocking the southbound lanes.
Investigation Underway to Determine Cause of Multiple-Vehicle Injury Crash
Other officers were called to the scene to divert or turn around traffic at Spring Gulch. One driver was trapped inside his vehicle, and police were trying to free him. An investigation is underway by the CHP to determine the cause of the accident and assign fault.
Negligence Is Usually to Blame for a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Accidents involving multiple vehicles can easily be caused by negligent driving or a mistake on the road. There are many types of negligence, including:
- Speed: When drivers cannot stop in time to avoid collisions, they can cause accidents.
- Failure to yield: Failure to yield may result in a multiple-vehicle crash, especially when lanes are narrow.
- Driving distracted: Using cell phones and texting while driving can lead to a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Drunk driving: Drinking and driving often result in multiple-vehicle accidents. Having slow reflexes and an inability to judge distances make drunk drivers dangerous.
- Reckless driving: In reckless driving, the driver may swerve between lanes and perform other maneuvers that could endanger other motorists. The result of this kind of behavior is likely to be a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Fatigue: Driving while fatigued has the same effects as driving while intoxicated.
After a Multiple-Vehicle Accident, an Injury Lawyer Can Help
Multiple-vehicle accidents can result from more than one negligent driver, so determining who is at fault is important. It will then be possible for the injured parties to obtain compensation for their damages. Intoxicated drivers, speeders and those who texted while driving may have contributed to this accident. It is possible to determine which drivers were negligent in causing the collision to hold them responsible for fair compensation.
Recovery of Compensation After an Injury Accident
In the case of an accident where you were injured, compensation may be available to you. If you have suffered an injury but do not know what you can recover, here are some examples of compensation you might be eligible for:
- The cost of medical treatment for your injury
- Earning capacity or wages lost
- You lost benefits because you were unable to work
- Damages resulting from pain and suffering
- The loss of companionship or consortium
- Damages caused by emotional distress
In some cases, compensation is not available in all forms. The attorney can advise you on the types of damages you may be able to recover based on the facts of your case. An attorney who is familiar with the laws governing personal injury cases can also help you in the negotiation and claims process and may be able to help you obtain the total compensation you are entitled to.
Anderson Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, an Anderson personal injury lawyer. An experienced attorney could provide legal insight if a negligent motorist or other party injured you. To schedule a free case review with our accident attorneys, call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. Please feel free to contact us online if that is more convenient for you.
Following are some of the organizations we are proud to belong to:
Please click on the links below to see how previous clients feel about our firm and how our injury lawyers successfully resolved other cases:
:cd llo