Hood Franklin Road Off-Ramp Site of Multiple-Vehicle Crash
An Elk Grove multiple-vehicle crash caused minor injuries involving three vehicles on November 12. The collision happened at the Hood Franklin Road off-ramp just east of northbound Interstate 5 around 11:46 a.m. The accident was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as involving a Nissan SUV, sedan and possibly a pickup truck. One of the vehicles went off the roadway and through a fence, ending up around 50 feet off the pavement.
Factors Contributing to a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Accidents involving multiple vehicles are terrifying for those involved and often result in serious injuries or even death. Many people don’t realize that multiple-vehicle accidents are more common than they think. Negligent drivers or certain conditions can cause one. A multiple-vehicle crash is often caused by the following:
- Distracted driving: It takes only seconds to change the radio station or text while driving, leading to a multiple-vehicle crash. It would take the vehicle just over five seconds at highway speeds to travel the length of a football field in that amount of time.
- Impaired driving: Drunk or drugged drivers have difficulty judging distances, have sluggish reflexes, and have impaired judgment. All types of accidents are caused by drunk and drugged drivers every year.
- Speeding: A multiple-vehicle pileup is often caused by speeding. When a car ahead slows down suddenly, the driver cannot stop in time to avoid hitting it if they lose control.
- Tailgating: Multiple vehicles are involved in many accidents caused by tailgating, which initiates with two cars but doesn’t give other drivers time to stop.
- Fatigued driving: A motorist who is fatigued while driving can cause a pileup in the same way that a motorist who is intoxicated can do. You might want to pull over and rest, or you can walk around the car to wake up. Better yet, if you are overly tired, call an Uber or a friend to pick you up.
- Construction zone dangers: Multiple-vehicle accidents can occur in construction zones due to confusing signage, narrow lanes or work trucks suddenly pulling out.
- Roadway neglect: An accident involving multiple vehicles can be caused by poor road maintenance. When a vehicle hits a pothole, it loses control, leaves the lane and strikes another car. In addition to debris, poor lighting and other maintenance issues, collisions can also be caused by other problems. If an accident results in an injury or death, the government entity responsible for maintenance may be held liable. It may, however, be helpful to work with an attorney if you are filing against a government entity since the six-month filing deadline is much shorter than other personal injury claims.
Since 1999, my team of accident attorneys and I have helped countless people obtain fair compensation for injuries they have sustained as a result of the negligence of another driver or entity.
Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in Elk Grove. If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you could get free legal advice from a lawyer. You can reach us at (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. We are also available online. An online or virtual consultation can be arranged free of charge to review your case and let you know about opportunities open to you to collect compensation for your injuries and other losses.
A few of the organizations we belong to are:
Listed below are additional examples of how our injury lawyers helped others obtain fair compensation:
Photo attribution: Image by Netto Figueiredo from Pixabay
:cd llo