Two Semis and Pickup Involved in Crash on I-5
A semi accident involving two big rigs and a pickup towing a trailer occurred in Redding recently. The crash happened around 5:08 p.m. along northbound I-5 just north of Gibson Road. One big rig ran off the roadway and partially went into a creek around 30 feet off the roadway. The other semi struck a tree.
Injuries Not Reported in Multiple Semi Accident
All the vehicles were found along the right-hand side of I-5, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Big rig tows were called to the scene. It is unknown whether injuries occurred in the crash. The CHP is conducting an investigation into the accident’s cause.
How Truck Drivers Can Be Negligent and Cause an Accident
Truck drivers are professionally trained and certified to operate large, powerful commercial trucking vehicles. Despite this preparation, they can make mistakes that lead to a serious semi accident. Negligent truck driving behavior can include:
- Driving more than posted speed limits or too fast for conditions
- Distracted driving (texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, etc.)
- Failing to check blind spots before changing lanes
- Not paying attention to other drivers’ actions or signals
- Operating a truck while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Not following proper safety regulations and protocols regarding maintenance and repairs
However, when a professional driver fails to act responsibly or engages in negligent behavior, it is important for individuals harmed by such actions to seek justice. A qualified personal injury lawyer with expertise in semi accident cases can help them recover compensation for any damages from the crash.
When a Trucking Company Is Liable for an Accident Injury
When an accident occurs, it is important to identify who may be held responsible. In some cases, the truck driver will be primarily at fault for their own negligent behavior. However, there are also instances where a trucking company can be liable for negligence. This can include situations where:
- The driver was not properly trained or certified.
- The truck was not maintained according to safety standards.
- Overloading of the vehicle caused instability or other problems.
- Improperly secured cargo shifted and blocked visibility.
- Unsafe working conditions were allowed by the company.
- Negligent hiring practices resulted in employing an inexperienced or unqualified driver.
If a trucking company’s negligence caused an accident, injured parties may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. They should contact a qualified attorney with experience in trucking accidents right away to ensure their rights are fully protected.
Compensation Recovery Following a Semi Accident
It is important for those harmed in a commercial vehicle accident to know when to seek legal counsel and pursue justice against liable parties. An attorney who has handled numerous trucking accident cases can provide invaluable assistance in such situations. With the help of experienced legal counsel, you can be sure that your rights are fully protected and those responsible for the accident are held accountable.
California Truck Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a California truck accident lawyer. It is common for those in smaller vehicles to suffer serious injuries in trucking accidents. Get free and friendly advice from our truck accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if a negligent driver has hurt you. You can also reach us online.
Our injury lawyers are proud to be members of the following organizations, demonstrating our commitment to fair compensation for our clients:
Our past experience handling accident injury claims can be found in the following examples:
Photo attribution: Image by Denise McQuillen from Pixabay
:cd llo