Multiple Cars Involved in Stockton Truck Accident
Multiple cars were involved in a Stockton truck accident on the morning of April 5, 2019. The incident occurred along the northbound lanes of Highway 99. A large truck was approaching the Crosstown Freeway shortly before 7:00 in the morning when an Infiniti sedan struck the left rear of the truck while attempting to change lanes, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The trucker lost control, collided with the east sound wall and came to a rest blocking the right shoulder and all four traffic lanes. A driver of an oncoming Chevrolet Silverado was unable to stop in time and struck the big rig just before it came to a stop. The Infiniti also hit the sound wall and came to a stop in the far right lane. The motorist of the Infiniti suffered injuries in the crash, the CHP said. It is not yet known whether the Infiniti driver and other motorists involved in the collision were hospitalized for their injuries.
Common Injuries in a Stockton Truck Accident
Accidents with large trucks often result in traumatic injuries to those riding in passenger vehicles. These include:
- Amputations: When a passenger vehicle is struck by a semi-truck, the smaller car can sustain serious damage. Depending on the area where the vehicle was hit and the force of impact, an occupant’s extremities may be injured during the collision. Since a person’s leg or arm may become stuck in a mangled vehicle, that extremity may not be salvageable. If a limb amputation is necessary, this can cause a lifetime of difficulty for the injured party.
- Back and Neck Injury: A back or neck injury may occur from the jarring impact in a truck crash. Since the back and neck is composed of complex structural systems, trauma to those areas can lead to debilitating pain or paralysis in some extreme cases.
- Internal Trauma: The sheer force of a big rig striking another car can result in excessive strain on the seat belt or rapid airbag deployment. Injury to the internal organs will often occur when an individual’s chest comes into contact with the airbag or when the force of the seat belt secures them to the seat. This can cause damage to the bladder, spleen, kidneys, pancreas, or liver. These can be difficult to treat and may require the replacement or removal of an organ.
- Spinal Cord Damage: The nerves, muscles, and bones in the spinal cord may be damaged in a collision with a large truck. The consequences can be devastating from partial or complete paralysis in certain parts of the body. While the injuries may not be permanent in all cases, they may still cause chronic pain that requires extensive rehabilitation to achieve maximum recovery.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: When an individual suffers head trauma in a trucking accident, this can result in a life-altering injury. A traumatic brain injury is a condition that can cause a wide array of complications that can range from changes in sleep patterns and memory loss to penetrating trauma and death.
Why Should I Hire an Injury Attorney?
A truck accident can result in debilitating injuries for those involved. More often than not when these crashes occur, the injured party will face mounting medical bills followed by property damage, wage loss, and pain and suffering. When the collision is caused by the careless or negligent driving of someone else, the injured party may seek compensation for the trauma and damages that they have suffered. Having a Stockton personal injury lawyer at your side who is experienced in handling truck accident cases is crucial. This may help maximize your chances of obtaining a favorable recovery that you are rightfully owed.
Stockton Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton personal injury lawyer. Whenever a person gets into a car, they face the possibility of an auto accident. Unfortunately, any collision with a large truck has a higher probability of serious injury or death among drivers and passengers. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident, you may benefit from the insight of an experienced injury attorney. Please feel free to give me a call at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly case advice.
Find client ratings and reviews of our law office at:
I’m honored to belong to the Million Dollar Advocates. Membership is reserved for trial lawyers who have obtained $1 million or more for a client. I am also a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. Lawyers who exhibit high standards of legal excellence in their practice are invited to join this organization.
Find a list of some of our prior cases and their outcomes on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:ds [cs 801]