Franklin Boulevard Hit-and-Run Kills Motorist
A two-vehicle hit-and-run in Sacramento on March 19 caused the death of one driver. The fatal accident occurred along Franklin Boulevard between 27th and 26th avenues in the North City Farms area during the morning hours. The driver who died was identified as a Glendale resident, Richard Cortez, age 52.
Sacramento Police Seek Hit-and-Run Motorist
Franklin Boulevard was shut down to traffic both ways as an investigation was conducted by detectives with the Sacramento Police Department. Authorities are actively searching for the fleeing driver. Anyone who saw the accident is asked to call the police dispatch center (916) 808-5471 or Crime Stoppers for Sacramento Valley (916) 443-HELP (4357). Tips can also be placed anonymously on your cell phone at P3 Tips. Information may lead to up to a $1,000 reward.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim After the Fatal Accident of a Loved One
Accident attorneys can file wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of families of those who were killed in accidents as a result of another’s negligence. If a fatality occurs as a result, the party can be held financially liable. Providing wrongful death claim assistance to grieving families has been a privilege for our firm, and our attorneys are highly experienced in bringing justice to such cases.
Identifying Drivers Who Hit-and-Run
Our mission has long included investigating fatal accidents caused by fleeing drivers. By working with law enforcement, we track down and hold accountable the driver who caused the accident. The hearts of those who have lost loved ones in pedestrian accidents are heavy with sorrow. It is wrong to burden the grieving family with financial losses, and the driver must be held responsible. Our investigations involve the following methods:
- Our attorneys review police reports to ensure they are accurate so that our clients can obtain compensation.
- Over the course of our investigation, we collect physical evidence such as paint marks and metal fragments dropped from the vehicle. Paint colors and parts such as headlights and taillights are unique to particular makes and models, so this type of evidence is useful when identifying a vehicle.
- To determine how a fatality occurred, accident reconstruction is performed. This technique shows how the accident occurred and the positioning of the vehicles, which is helpful in proving fault.
- During the investigation, investigators speak with witnesses in order to determine any information about the vehicle and driver.
- Obtaining surveillance video of the accident from nearby cameras at traffic locations and businesses can show the collision as it happened, which is compelling evidence.
The Uninsured/Underinsured Automobile Insurance Policy
It can be difficult to handle unexpected financial burdens when a loved one is killed in a wrongful death accident, and the hit-and-run driver is not located. Insurance policies that cover uninsured or underinsured drivers can recover such losses. It is also possible to use the insurance add-on of another family member instead if the deceased did not have this insurance policy. There is no change in rates.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. In the event that someone dies in an accident caused by a negligent motorist, their families may be able to recover damages from those responsible for their loss. If you would like free and friendly advice from our injury lawyers, please call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Please feel free to send us an online message as well.
We have helped the following people obtain compensation using our injury lawyers‘ skills:
The following organizations are among the many of which we are members:
:cd llo