Accident Between Motorcycle and Semi Causes Major Backup
A motorcycle collision with a big rig on April 27 resulted in a fatality in San Joaquin County along Interstate 5. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that a motorcyclist going northbound near State Road 12 and Flag City collided with a big rig going in the same direction at about 3:45 in the afternoon. The motorcycle rider passed away from injuries suffered in the collision.
Major Backup on I-5 Caused by Traffic Fatality Accident
A major traffic backup occurred along I-5 due to the collision, according to Caltrans, and two of the lanes were closed due to the crash. Drivers were warned to avoid the area and use alternate routes. It is unknown at this time what caused the motorcycle accident, which is under investigation by the CHP to determine how it occurred. The name of the motorcyclist who died in the crash has not been released pending notification of the family.
Losing a Loved One in an Accident
It is always a traumatic experience to lose a loved one in an accident. However, when that loss occurs due to negligence, it compounds the grief, anger and sorrow felt by family members. Faced with the loss of income that person provided and end-of-life expenses, the family is left not only grieving but under financial stress.
When negligence causes a loved one’s death, the family may be able to place a claim for compensation with the assistance of a Lodi wrongful death lawyer. Although their grief will not be eased, it can help bring closure and a sense of justice as well as eliminate the financial stress.
Causes of a Highway Accident Involving a Motorcyclist
There are many ways that negligence can lead to a motorcyclist fatality. Some of them are addressed below:
- A driver suddenly decides to change lanes without looking carefully for a motorcycle in their path.
- A motorist suddenly slows or stops on the highway. This can cause the motorcycle rider to strike the back of the vehicle and be ejected, an action that frequently causes traumatic injuries or a fatality.
- A mechanical defect causes a motorcycle collision when the rider loses control. Anytime an accident occurs, the vehicle should be retained, so engineers can examine it for defects.
- Poor roadway maintenance causes a motorcycle collision. Maintenance issues can involve potholes, fissures in the pavement, poor lighting, and others. The government agency in charge may be liable for a motorcycle collision fatality.
- Another motorist who causes the motorcycle collision is distracted, drunk, speeding, or committing some other traffic infraction.
Investigating a Motorcycle Collision
Over the years, my law office and legal team have successfully handled many motorcycle collision cases that resulted in injuries or a fatality. We investigate the accident to determine the cause of the crash and root out any negligence on the part of the other driver. We sympathize and understand the stresses the family is under during this time and do our best to bring them the help they need.
Lodi Wrongful Death Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Lodi wrongful death lawyer. When a traffic accident that results in a fatality is caused by a negligent driver, the family may be able to claim fair compensation for that loss. Please call me for my free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. I can also be reached online.
I’m a proud member of:
To find information about my law firm that may be helpful, please go to the following links:
We’ve helped Lodi residents and others in Northern California obtain the compensation they deserve for wrongful death claims, all types of traumas such as brain injuries and traffic collisions since 1982.
Photo attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/candle-light-candlelight-flame-2038736/
:cd llo [cs 648]