Fatal Accident on Florin Road Claims Life of Motorcycle Rider
A motorcycle collision with a motor vehicle resulted in the death of the rider in Sacramento on January 19. The accident was reported to the Sacramento Police Department around 6:20 p.m. near the Florin Road intersection with Munson Way. When officers arrived, they discovered the motorcyclist had suffered serious injuries. The rider was declared dead at the accident scene.
Passenger Injured in Motorcycle Collision With Motor Vehicle
A passenger who was riding with the motorcyclist was injured also and taken to a nearby hospital for further medical evaluation and treatment. The driver of the vehicle that collided with the motorcyclist stayed at the accident scene and was reportedly cooperating with officers into the investigation of the fatal crash. As the investigation into the motorcycle collision was conducted, roads in the area were closed to traffic and motorists were asked to avoid the area.
Why Consider a Wrongful Death Claim?
A family is thrown into turmoil when a loved one passes away suddenly, especially in an accident. They are not only grieving but also faced with making funeral arrangements as well as other changes in their lives that they weren’t expecting. A wrongful death claim against the person or entity that took their loved one’s life is probably the last thing on their minds.
Filing a Claim for Wrongful Death
By filing a wrongful death claim, the family can recover compensation that can help them move forward in their lives without that financial stress. They can also feel at peace knowing that the party at fault is being held accountable. Over the years, our injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have successfully handled many wrongful death claims, which gives the grieving families a sense of comfort.
What Damages Can an Injury Lawyer Recover for the Family?
In a wrongful death claim, the following damages may be recovered:
- The cost of the funeral and burial is recoverable.
- The wages the deceased family member would have earned until retirement age can be recovered, including bonuses, tips and other monies he/she normally would have been entitled to.
- The spouse can place a claim for loss of consortium, love, and affection that the decedent provided.
- Loss of inheritance may be recovered, which is the amount the decedent’s beneficiaries would have received had that person lived a normal lifespan.
- Children in the family, whether natural, adopted or those who received half their support from the decedent may place a claim for the loss of guidance and nurturing.
- Household tasks the decedent performed may be recovered. This can include lawn and auto care, tax preparation, cleaning, cooking, tending to the children in the family and more.
Your Injury Lawyer Can Negotiate for You in a Motorcycle Collision
Your injury lawyer will help you with documentation to support your wrongful death claim in a motorcycle collision and explain what is involved in the process. He/she can negotiate with the insurance company for you to get the best settlement. If the insurance company refuses to comply with the request for a fair settlement, the claim can be taken to civil court.
In the video that follows, Sacramento wrongful death attorney Ed Smith tells you important information you should know about motorcycle accidents and insurance companies:
Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. When you’ve lost a loved one in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you may want to find out if your family can file a claim for compensation. Phone us for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us an online message. We would be honored to set up a virtual appointment where you can have your questions answered, have your case reviewed, and learn about options to recover damages.
See how our injury attorneys have helped others by clicking on the following links:
We are honored to be members of the following organizations:
:cd llo