Motorcycle Accident Fatally Injures Denair Man
Motorcycle Accident Fatally Injures Denair Man — A Denair man lost his life in a motorcycle accident in Turlock on October 1, 2018. The accident occurred along Taylor Road near the Taylor ER Veterinary Emergency Hospital. A man was riding his motorcycle westbound along Taylor Road when a 33-year-old Ceres man driving a Mazda 3 pulled out from the veterinary hospital. For unknown reasons, the motorcyclist was unable to stop in time to avoid a collision and struck the rear of the Mazda. Unfortunately, the biker succumbed to his injuries sustained in the accident. Officials have identified the victim as 54-year-old Rodolfo Fernandez of Denair.
My sincere thoughts and sympathy are extended to the grieving friends and family affected by this tragic motorcycle accident.
Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident with a motor vehicle, the resultant injuries are often serious. Some of the common injuries in a motorcycle accident include the following:
- Bone Fractures: Bikers often suffer serious fractures due to the impact of a collision and subsequently striking the pavement.
- Spinal Cord Injury: This can result in some degree of paralysis, either partial or complete, depending on the area of trauma to the spinal column. Symptoms may include nerve pain, difficulty breathing, spasms, and loss of sensation.
- Traumatic Head Injury: A biker is often propelled off his or her motorcycle in a crash. If the rider is not wearing a helmet, his or her chances of sustaining a traumatic brain injury are high.
- Wrongful Death: Since motorcyclists are virtually unprotected against a motor vehicle, they are susceptible to suffering fatal injuries in such accidents.
Motorcycle Accidents and Wrongful Death Claims
When a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver results in the death of a loved one, immediate family members of the decedent may be able to file a wrongful death claim against that party for damages incurred. These types of cases must be filed within two years in California. Failing to meet this deadline may result in the court dismissing the case. If you would like to learn more about how these claims work, watch the following YouTube video:
Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Claim
Families often face the burden of losing support that was provided by the deceased and other losses. Some of the damages that may be recovered in a wrongful death claim by surviving family members include:
- Costs of a funeral and burial.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish the death caused.
- Expenses for end-of-life medical care.
- Household services the decedent provided such as lawn maintenance, childcare, etc.
- Loss of love, affection, moral support, and guidance.
- Loss of consortium.
- Lost benefits, inheritance, and future financial support provided by the deceased to his or her family.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Those who may recover for wrongful death in California include the following:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the deceased.
- The decedent’s surviving children.
- Individuals who relied on the decedent for financial support, including the decedent’s parents, stepchildren, putative spouse, and the children of the spouse.
- If there is no one in the decedent’s direct line of descent, others may be eligible for filing a wrongful death claim if the individual passes away without a will. This may include the brothers or sisters of the deceased.
Turlock Wrongful Death Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Turlock wrongful death lawyer. Coping with the loss of a loved one is never easy. If an accident caused by another person’s negligence has claimed the life of someone you love, please feel free to call me anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for compassionate, free and friendly advice.
Browse reviews by my former clients on the following pages:
I am listed as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates. Members of this forum are top trial lawyers who have won or settled cases worth $1 million or more.
Browse our Verdicts and Settlements page to see how I handled past cases.
Motorcycle Accident Fatally Injures Denair Man: AutoAccident.com
Image Attribution: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay / Motorcycle Accident Fatally Injures Denair Man
:ds [cs 704] cv