Modesto Woman Killed in Highway 1 Crash
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that a woman from Modesto was killed in a recent crash on Highway 1 in San Mateo County. The fatal car accident occurred on southbound State Route 1 just north of Pescadero State Beach.
Details on the Highway 1 Crash That Claimed the Life of a Modesto Woman
A CHP spokesman indicated that a woman was behind the wheel of a GMC Yukon SUV traveling southbound on SR-1. For unknown reasons, the GMC veered off the roadway and over the cliff. An individual on the beach found the vehicle at approximately 9:00 a.m. on July 14 and contacted law enforcement. It was unclear when the incident happened.
Officials said the GMC driver was partially ejected upon impact. Sadly, she was declared deceased at the scene. Her identity has not yet been released by the San Mateo County Coroner’s Office. An investigation into the motor vehicle crash is ongoing by CHP traffic officers.
Who May Be at Fault for a Single Vehicle Crash
In crashes only involving one vehicle, it is not always the driver’s fault. There may be other parties responsible for a fatal single-vehicle crash. With the assistance of an experienced Modesto wrongful death attorney, they may establish that others were at fault for the traffic collision. This may include:
- Automaker: Some motor vehicle crashes, particularly single-vehicle accidents, may be the direct result of faulty vehicle parts or equipment. Not all vehicle defects are immediately apparent, as it may take months or even years for the automaker to realize there is an issue. For instance, a rollover collision may exacerbate injuries or even prove fatal because of insufficient roof crush resistance. More information on roof crush resistance may be found through Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 216. Since vehicle manufacturers are expected to make cars that meet federal safety specifications, they may be held liable for resulting losses through an auto products liability claim.
- Government Entity: A single-vehicle collision may occur from neglect of routine maintenance or poor road design. Examples of this may include uneven road surface, insufficient warning signage, malfunctioning traffic lights, potholes, and more. In this case, the government entity responsible for the upkeep of the road may be held liable for damages incurred. Cases against public agencies are subject to a different statute of limitations, as outlined in California Government Code Section 911.2. A notice of claim must be filed within six months of the accident date.
If you have questions regarding your case, contact an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Modesto. An attorney may evaluate the facts and circumstances of the accident and advise you of your rights as a surviving family member. For details on how to find the best lawyer in your area, watch this video.
Why it is Important to Work with a Wrongful Death Lawyer
When you have lost a loved one in a crash, finding an attorney may not be the first thing on your mind. In such a difficult time, you may find yourself enduring the grief of your loss and stress over financial consequences. However, it is essential for you and your family to think about protecting your future. An attorney can help by handling all aspects of your wrongful death case so you and your family can focus on recovering. Some of the ways your lawyer can help include:
- Send investigators to the site of the incident to determine what caused it
- Gather evidence to support the wrongful death car accident case
- Handle communications and negotiations with the insurance carriers
- Ensure all filing criteria and deadlines are met in the claim
- Present the court if all attempts at a fair settlement fail in negotiations
At our law firm, we are ready to put our years of experience and resources to work for you and your family to obtain the justice and fair compensation you all need to move forward. We have the skills necessary to stand up against negligent parties and their insurance companies that do not have your family’s best interests at heart. Contact us today to learn more about how our family can help your family.
Accident Attorney in Modesto
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto accident attorney. Not all traffic collisions involve more than one car. It may sometimes occur with only one vehicle. When this happens, you may be wondering how to proceed with a claim, particularly if you lost a loved one. It is essential to discuss the case with an experienced attorney to learn about your rights and potential options for recovery as a surviving family member. To get started, contact our legal team today for free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. Our attorneys have helped many families throughout California, and we can help you with your case too.
The links below include ratings and reviews from past clients:
Proud to be included as members of:
Head over to our Verdicts and Settlements page to see how we have handled and resolved cases for past clients.
Photo Credit: Pixabay User ~ “jovananesic”
:ds llo [cs 869]