Accident on Stockton Boulevard Injures Pedestrian at Local Plaza
A minor injury occurred to a pedestrian who was involved in a traffic collision in Sacramento on November 18. The accident occurred along Stockton Boulevard at Little Vietnam Plaza near 65th Street around noon. The report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the accident involved a red SUV, which struck the pedestrian who was riding a bicycle at the time. Injuries to the pedestrian were described as minor. The CHP investigated the accident to determine whether the rider or motorist was at fault.
Delayed Injury Symptoms
Being involved in an accident results in stress and heightened adrenaline at the time it happens. Even though the injured person may feel fine or have suffered only minor injuries, the increase in adrenaline can mask symptoms that may arise later.
This is why it is so important for anyone who is involved in a traffic accident to get themselves checked out afterward by the family physician or at a nearby hospital. Without documentation by a physician, it may be more difficult to place a personal injury claim later if injuries turn out to be more serious.
What Types of Injuries Can Have Delayed Symptoms?
There are a number of symptoms that a person involved in an accident may develop afterward. Some can indicate serious conditions that require immediate treatment. For this reason, it is important to not ignore symptoms that arise. Some of those symptoms include:
- Headache: Headaches may indicate cervical strain or sprain, traumatic head injuries, and other problems. In some cases, symptoms may expand and become more serious. Getting checked out by a physician is important to avoid and treat potentially serious trauma.
- Back pain: Back pain may indicate damage to muscles, tendons, or nerves, which can be debilitating and increase in severity.
- Tingling or numbness: Tingling and numbness are common symptoms of cervical strain or sprain, commonly called whiplash. Far from being a minor injury, whiplash may be long-lasting and affect an individual’s ability to work and enjoy life as before.
- Pain in the abdomen: Symptoms that include abdominal pain should never be ignored. They may indicate internal bleeding or damage to one of the organs. Because these types of injuries may be life-threatening, they should be checked right away.
- Stiffness in the shoulder or neck: Another symptom of cervical sprain or strain in addition to headaches and numbness or a tingling sensation, proper treatment is required for an individual to recover.
- Emotional or psychological distress: Some of the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder can involve psychological or emotional distress. Symptoms may include nightmares, nervousness, anxiety, and the inability to leave the home, or ride in a vehicle. When these symptoms are severe enough to require professional treatment, they may be claimed in a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party.
The Importance of an Accident Investigation
When an injured person decides to place a compensation claim against a negligent party to pay for their medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering, evidence must be gathered to provide proof of who was at fault. Our investigators comb through the accident scene to find evidence, beginning with interviewing witnesses and checking for police report errors. They collect camera footage from nearby traffic surveillance and perform accident reconstruction, among other areas of investigation. Our experienced injury lawyers take the gathered evidence and use it to negotiate with the insurance company or prepare a case to present in court when necessary.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. When negligence has led to your accident injury, it is your right to place a claim for fair compensation. For free and friendly advice about your injury, please call me at (916) 921-6400 or at the toll-free number (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is available too.
Since 1982, my law office has been successful in handling many accident claims, which enable our clients to get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. We handle any type of traffic collision, truck, bicycle, and walker-related accidents as well as wrongful death claims and others. Phone us to see how we can help you.
I’m a proud member of:
You can find out information about my law firm that may be helpful at the following:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/people-rainy-busy-japan-osaka-400818/
:cd llo [cs 740]