Accident Involving Seven Vehicles Occurs Near Manuel Campos Parkway
A multiple car crash on April 19 along I-80 westbound involved seven vehicles. According to the Solano station of the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the crash happened near Manuel Campos Parkway between Fairfield and Vacaville. The accident closed down one of the traffic lanes. Minor injuries occurred in the crash. The CHP is determining fault in the accident and how it happened.
Delayed Symptoms After a Multiple Car Crash
In the days, weeks, and even months following a multiple car crash, many people can experience delayed symptoms. This means that you may not feel the effects of injury until hours or even days after the accident. Common delayed symptoms include cervical sprain, muscle pain, headache, dizziness, and mental distress such as shock or anxiety. Serious conditions caused by delayed symptoms can include:
- Head trauma: A blow to the head can cause a concussion or a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Symptoms of TBI may include persistent headaches, mental confusion, and memory problems.
- Neck or back injuries: Cervical sprain, or whiplash, is perhaps the most common neck injury sustained in a car accident. It occurs when your head and neck are suddenly forced backward and forward.
- Internal organ damage: A car accident can cause internal organ damage, even if it doesn’t appear outwardly serious. Common injuries include ruptured organs or lacerations.
- Spinal cord damage: Damage to the spinal cord can cause long-term paralysis or loss of sensation. Symptoms may include an inability to move or feel any body part below the point of impact.
- Mental distress: Experiencing a car accident can be extremely traumatic, and those affected may suffer from shock and anxiety for months afterward. Nightmares, flashbacks, and depression are also common symptoms of emotional trauma.
- Nerve damage: A multiple car collision can cause nerve damage, manifesting as numbness, tingling, and pain in the affected area.
The Importance of Seeking Medical Attention After a Multiple Car Crash
If you have been in a multiple car accident, it is important to be aware of the potential for delayed symptoms and seek medical attention if any arise. With prompt diagnosis and treatment, these conditions can be managed more effectively and help you fully recover.
Compensation Recovery After an Accident Injury
If you have been involved in an accident that caused a personal injury, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries. This can include both medical expenses and lost wages. Depending on the severity of the injury, filing a personal injury claim could also help you receive compensation for pain and suffering as well as any other non-economic damages related to the multiple car crash.
What an Injury Lawyer Does to Help
Contact a qualified California personal injury attorney who can advise you on your legal rights and help you understand the process of filing a claim. An injury lawyer will assess the details of your case and explain how much compensation you may be eligible for. They can also help ensure that all necessary documents are filed correctly and in a timely manner, as well as negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. If necessary, the lawyer can take your case to court to recover the compensation you deserve.
Vacaville Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Vacaville personal injury lawyer. Smaller passenger vehicle occupants can suffer severe injuries in collisions with multiple cars, and minor trauma may worsen. If you are wondering whether you can file a compensation claim, you can reach us and consult with one of our accident attorneys at (707) 564-1900 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach us by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online.
A few of the organizations we belong to are:
Learn how our injury lawyers have helped clients by clicking on the following links:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo