Accident Injures Three Near Merced — A car accident in an unincorporated area just outside Merced left three parties injured on November 15, 2018. The crash happened shortly after 5:00 in the evening near the intersection of Business Park Way and Santa Fe Drive. A Merced man was driving a Ford pickup truck westbound along Santa Fe Drive when an eastbound Chevrolet Equinox turned left and crashed into the truck. The Chevrolet driver, identified as an Atwater woman, and her two passengers all complained of pain following the accident. The two passengers remained at the scene while the Chevrolet driver was taken to the Mercy Medical Center for treatment. An update regarding her condition has not yet been released by officials.
Some of the most frequent crashes that occur are those at intersections. According to the Federal Highway Administration, roughly 2.5 million intersection accidents occur each year. Of all traffic collisions, intersection accidents comprise 40 percent of these crashes. Since intersection accidents can lead to catastrophic consequences, drivers are obligated to exercise a great duty of care at intersections to limit their risk of a collision.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Injuries from car accidents can range from minor to life-threatening. Following are common types of injuries sustained in such accidents:
- Abdominal Trauma: Injuries to the abdomen may be caused in the accident or by airbag deployment or safety restraints. Symptoms of abdominal injuries may not immediately present themselves following a crash such as internal bleeding.
- Bone Fractures: While every bone in the body may be at risk for a fracture in an accident, those in the arms and legs are likely sites for damage. Treatment for a bone fracture can be substantial and recovery times can last several months.
- Brain and Head Injuries: These are among the most critical injuries an individual can suffer. They range from lacerations and blunt trauma to the head to a traumatic brain injury. These injuries can cause permanent changes in cognition which can alter a person’s way of living and work.
- Chest Injuries: Chest trauma is common in car accidents and is attributable to the impact of another vehicle and airbag deployment. These injuries can range from bruised or fractured ribs to heart and lung damage.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Injuries of the spinal cord can be complete and incomplete. An incomplete spinal cord injury involves limited function below the location of injury whereas a complete one involves permanent spinal cord damage resulting in paraplegia or tetraplegia.
How a Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Recovering after a car accident can be difficult, especially when serious injuries are thrown into the mix. If this situation applies to you or your loved one, you may be able to claim compensation for damages incurred. However, the types of damages that may be recovered vary from case to case. If you have questions about your particular case, reach out to an experienced car accident attorney in Merced as soon as you are able to.
Merced Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced car accident lawyer. The aftermath of a car accident often goes beyond vehicle repairs. Damages such as mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses can create financial hardships for a victim and their family. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, I am here to provide you with free, friendly case advice on your situation. Please feel free to reach out to me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Read reviews by our former clients and peers on the following pages:
I belong to the Million Dollar Advocates as a member of the California chapter. This forum is comprised of top trial attorneys who have won $1 million or more for a client through a case verdict or settlement.
Visit my Verdicts and Settlements page to browse a selection of past cases I have handled and their resolutions.
Accident Injures Three Near Merced: AutoAccident.com
Photograph :ab / Accident Injures Three Near Merced
:ds [cs 685] cv