Manzanita Avenue Intersection Major Injury Motorcycle Accident
A major injury motorcycle accident occurred at a Carmichael intersection on September 5. The collision happened around 4:40 p.m. at the intersection of Manzanita Avenue and Winding Way. Few details were provided by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Cause of Major Injury Motorcycle Accident Being Determined
The crash blocked the left turn lane of Manzanita Avenue from southbound to eastbound. A tow truck was called to remove the motorcycle. An ambulance was called to transport the injured rider to a hospital for medical care for major injuries. An investigation is underway by the CHP traffic collision unit to determine how the accident occurred.
Injury Claims Are Supported by Collision Evidence
Investigators are used by your motorcycle accident lawyer to determine fault and the cause of the accident. The motorist can be held liable for damages for the major injury motorcycle accident if evidence shows that he or she was negligent. The lawyer of a person who has suffered medical expenses and other losses can negotiate with their insurance companies or the driver responsible. If you are injured in an accident, you can seek justice through the help of an accident attorney.
Recoverable Damages From Motorcycle Accidents
Understanding the damages that may be recoverable after a major injury motorcycle accident caused by another’s negligence is the first step to obtaining compensation. Among the losses resulting from injuries are:
- Any medical expenses associated with the injury, including surgical procedures, doctor appointments, hospital stays, and prescription medications, are recoverable.
- A worker who has missed work due to an injury can recover lost wages and future earnings if the injury extends beyond the settlement amount. Your injury lawyer can calculate future costs when the trauma is continuing into the future.
- There are several types of pain and suffering damages that can be recovered, including physical discomfort, emotional trauma and mental anguish.
- It is possible to seek compensation for loss of enjoyment of life activities due to your injury, such as hobbies and recreational activities.
- Companionship, consortium and emotional support damages may be recovered by the injured spouse or partner.
Recovering Compensation With the Assistance of an Injury Lawyer
There are a variety of other damages that can be recovered following a motorcycle injury accident, which your lawyer can expand on. An injury lawyer can explain to you the process of filing a personal injury claim, protect your rights throughout the process and handle negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company on your behalf. By using an injury lawyer, you may be able to recover the compensation you need to recover your losses, which allows you to concentrate on recovering from your trauma without additional worries.
Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer, provides some tips in the video below that can help you know what you should look for when seeking legal help:
Carmichael Personal Injury Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a Carmichael personal injury attorney. When negligence by a motorist or other entity causes your motorcycle injuries in an accident, you have the right to file a claim to recover damages. An experienced injury lawyer can handle your case and will work hard to obtain fair compensation for you. You are welcome to reach out to our accident attorneys by calling (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You also have the option of calling our toll-free number at (800) 404-5400 or by connecting with us online.
Some of the ways in which our injury lawyers have assisted others can be seen at the following links:
We are honored to have been chosen as members of the organizations that follow:
:cd llo [cs 633]