Motorcycle Accident on French Road in Florin
A motorcyclist suffered a major injury in a motor vehicle collision in Florin on March 19. The accident was reported as occurring along French Road around 8:55 in the morning south of Florin Road by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The rider was transported to a local hospital for treatment of their injuries and further assessment. At the time of this report, the extent of the rider’s injuries has yet to be announced by authorities. A tow truck was called to remove the cycle. The CHP is investigating the accident to determine how it happened. It is not yet known whether drug or alcohol use was a factor in the crash.
Major Injury in a Traffic Accident
Depending on the mode of transportation, there are different types of traffic accident injuries. Because of the lack of protection afforded to a motorcyclist, major injuries are common and often catastrophic. Some of the most common are:
- Spinal cord injury: The spinal cord carries all signals between the brain and the body. When it is injured, the person may be unable to walk, talk, or breathe on their own. Permanent disability is common.
- Traumatic brain injury: The percentage of riders who suffer traumatic brain injury is dependent on whether a helmet was in use. A large study showed that helmeted riders have far fewer TBIs than those who do not wear a helmet. Traumatic brain injury can range from a concussion to a collection of blood on or in the brain.
- Internal injuries: Blunt trauma to the abdomen or the chest can result in major injury to the motorcyclist. Such injuries can cause significant blood loss or infection.
- Injury to lower extremities: It is common to see a serious injury to the lower extremities in a motorcycle accident. Fractures are frequent.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Some of the most common types of accidents experienced by a motorcyclist are:
- Irresponsible lane changes by a motorist can lead to major injury for a biker. Usually, this involves the motorist’s failure to look before moving over.
- Drivers who open their car door after parking along a roadway without looking often cause a motorcycle accident.
- Tailgating a motorcyclist can lead to a rear-end accident causing serious injury to the biker.
- Making a left turn without looking is a major type of motorcycle accident.
- Roads that have not been maintained, resulting in potholes and other defects, can cause a motorcycle accident.
How a Lawyer Investigates Your Case
Strong evidence in a case is crucial to support your claim for compensation. We send our investigators to the accident scene right away to begin collecting evidence. They start by reviewing the police report for mistakes and talking to witnesses to the accident. By checking for video footage from traffic surveillance and business cameras, investigators can see if the accident was filmed as it occurred. They perform accident reconstruction, which is commonly used by insurance companies and in court proceedings to show how a collision occurred. The investigators also look for lack of maintenance by the government entity in charge. Potholes, defective traffic signals, fissures, and debris can all cause a major injury to a motorcycle rider. When the evidence is compiled, it is handed over to our lawyers to construct a case in favor of our client.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Sacramento. When a motorcycle rider is injured by a negligent motorist, they are eligible to place a claim for compensation to pay for those injuries. Call me for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 inside Sacramento County or (800) 404-5400 if you are outside. You may also reach me by filling out the online form, and I will call you as soon as I am free.
Client reviews and cases handled in the past by my law firm can be found at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/biker-motorcycle-ride-vehicle-407123/
:cd llo [cs 708]