Major Injury DUI Accident in Stockton
Officials in Stockton reported a major injury DUI accident on the night of Friday, April 15, 2022. The car wreck occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. on El Dorado Street in the vicinity of Churchill Street and involved two vehicles.
Details on the Major Injury DUI Accident in Stockton
A white Chevrolet pickup truck was traveling on El Dorado Street when it reportedly entered the oncoming traffic lanes and collided head-on with a red Toyota. The 20-year-old man was driving the Toyota and was the sole occupant of the vehicle at the time of the incident. He was transported to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The Chevrolet driver, a 39-year-old man, did not report any injuries and was arrested for driving with a suspended license and felony driving under the influence (DUI). Officials indicated that his BAC was twice the legal limit, and his license was suspended for a past DUI offense. Additional information on the drunk driving accident has not yet been released due to the ongoing investigation by the Stockton Police Department (Stockton PD).
What Types of Losses are Recoverable in a Personal Injury Claim?
The value of an injury case for a traffic collision will depend on the facts and circumstances of the case. Economic and non-economic damages are generally recoverable, including costs of medical treatment, wage loss, pain and suffering, and more. In a car accident case involving egregious conduct, like drunk driving or excessive speeding, the injured party may be awarded punitive damages. These are solely intended to punish the other side and are determined by the court. For more information on these types of cases and the factors that may influence their value, watch this video.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Car Accident Case
During your time of recovery and getting your life back on track, it is essential to understand the true extent of your injuries and losses incurred. You should also be prepared to negotiate with the other side from a strong position. This is where the assistance of an experienced Stockton car accident lawyer comes in. You can depend on your injury attorney to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the motor vehicle collision to determine who was at fault for the incident and the resulting damages
- Identify all auto insurance policies that may provide coverage applicable to the traffic collision, whether that be bodily injury liability coverage held by the at-fault party or you through your uninsured and underinsured motorist protection
- Determine past, current, and future projected losses and expenses resulting from the car accident caused by the other party, particularly if major injuries are involved
- Work with expert witnesses to determine your need for future medical treatment, loss of future earnings, and more
- Handle communications and negotiations with the appropriate insurers for a fair and reasonable settlement agreement
- File a lawsuit in civil court if the attempts for a fair insurance settlement have been exhausted and the statute of limitations is approaching
- Prepare a strong case to present in civil court for a jury or judge to determine an appropriate award, if necessary
After a catastrophic wreck, our legal team understands the burden of financial, emotional, and physical recovery and how it weighs heavy on the minds of our clients. That is why our injury lawyers are committed to taking as much of the pressure off their shoulders as possible. When you turn to us for legal assistance, we will handle your case from start to finish and stop at nothing to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf. Get started today with a free consultation and learn more about how our law firm can help you and your family through this difficult time.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Stockton
I’m Ed Smith, a Stockton personal injury lawyer. When you have suffered life-changing injuries in a motor vehicle collision caused by another party or entity, you can depend on our legal team to help you recover the compensation you need to put the traumatic event behind you. Since 1982, we have helped many parties injured in car accidents, just like you obtain the financial recovery they need for their injuries and damages. If you have been hurt in a crash in the Stockton area, reach out to our team of experienced accident attorneys today for free, friendly case advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
See past client ratings and reviews about our legal team at these links:
At our personal injury law firm, our skilled and compassionate attorneys have more than three decades of experience recovering fair compensation on behalf of those we represent. Get an idea of how we have helped others with their car accident injury cases by visiting our Settlements and Verdicts page.
Photograph Source: “Optical Essence” on Pixabay
:ds llo [cs 848]