Missouri Flat Road Intersection Site of Major Injury Bicycle Accident
A major injury bicycle accident was reported in Placerville on December 2. The collision happened shortly after 3:00 p.m. The crash occurred at the Missouri Flat Road intersection with Forni Road, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report.
One Person Hospitalized Following a Major Injury Bicycle Accident
The injured pedestrian was taken to a hospital nearby for treatment of their injuries and additional evaluation. Information was not released on the driver who struck the rider. CHP traffic accident investigators are determining the cause of the accident and fault.
An Attorney Can Help You After a Bicycle Accident
You may be eligible to file a claim for damages after a major injury bicycle accident that a negligent driver caused. We have handled many cases of this kind. In the event of a bicycle accident injury, we are available to answer any questions you may have, evaluate your case, and discuss your compensation options.
Negligent Drivers and Bicycle Accidents
A bicycle rider is often struck by a negligent driver because they are less visible. You may be able to receive compensation if you suffer a severe injury. Driver negligence causes these accidents for a variety of reasons, including:
- Speeding: A speeding driver may have to stop over a longer distance, which increases the likelihood of colliding with a bicyclist. Injuries to pedestrians or cyclists caused by speeders are more likely to be severe and fatal.
- Intoxication: Having difficulty judging distances, tracking his or her eyes, and having slowed reflexes is a hallmark of drunk or drugged driving.
- Red-light runners: When crossing through intersections, cyclists are often involved in accidents involving drivers who fail to stop at stop signs or red lights.
- Crosswalks: Drivers should remain cautious when passing through crosswalks, even if they have a green light.
- Distracted drivers: Bicycle accidents are frequently caused by distracted drivers. Bicycle riders can be seriously injured if drivers are distracted by texts, phone calls, or other activities.
- Making turns: Drivers passing through an intersection don’t always think to watch for bicyclists when making a turn.
- Crossing into the bicycle lane: Drivers who go into the bicycle lane without looking for a rider first can strike one. California has a three-foot distance law to protect riders, so motorists can be found at fault if they strike one by moving over too soon.
Investigations of Bicycle Accidents
An investigation can uncover evidence that could support a client’s compensation claim. In addition to interviewing witnesses, we make sure there are no mistakes in the police report. In addition to collecting evidence, investigators gathered footage from traffic cameras and violations of the three-foot distance rule.
Once our injury attorneys possess the evidence, they use it to build a solid claim for compensation on behalf of our clients following a major injury bicycle accident. You can receive compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses you experienced due to your injury.
In choosing an attorney injury lawyer, Ed Smith suggests looking for the following qualities:
Placerville Bicycle Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith. I am a Placerville bicycle accident lawyer. It is common for cyclists to suffer severe injuries in accidents. Those injuries may be compensable if negligent drivers caused them. Getting help from one of our injury lawyers is easy when you call us at (530) 392-9400. Alternatively, call us at (800) 404-5400 or online.
We are honored to belong to the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Advocates. More information about how our team of injury lawyers has assisted others can be found at Verdicts and Settlements, Yelp, and Google.
Photo attribution: Image by Rana Sinha from Pixabay
:cd llo [cs 636]