Accident at On-Ramp to U.S. 50 Results in a Major Injury
A major injury occurred in Sacramento in an accident where the vehicle left the freeway on January 7. A witness who called the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to report the collision said that the accident happened on the on-ramp to U.S. 50 around 10:13 in the morning. Officers with the Rancho Cordova Police Department, who also responded to the collision, reported that the vehicles involved in the crash were located on that ramp.
On-Ramp Accident Under Investigation by Police
One of the vehicles involved in the accident sustained front-end damage. One individual was reported to have suffered a major injury and was taken by medics to a nearby hospital for further attention and treatment. No update has been provided at this time on the condition of the individual who suffered injuries in the crash.
Dangers of Major Injury 0n Entrance and Exit Ramps
Entrance and exit ramps off highways are one of the most common locations for a major injury accident. Some of the problems that contribute to an accident on a ramp include:
- The ramp design is faulty, which can lead to an accident. Problems can include curves that are too short, narrow lanes and too small a lead-in for drivers to exit or enter a highway.
- Signs that are badly placed or don’t offer enough time for a motorist to reach a ramp can lead to an accident. If a driver has to move over too quickly, it can cause a major injury accident. Anytime the design of the ramp or maintenance causes a collision, the government entity in charge may be held liable for injuries.
- Drivers who speed near on-ramps are a common cause of a major injury accident.
- Some drivers attempt to change lanes while on a ramp, which is dangerous and can cause a sideswipe accident.
- A distracted driver may be texting, chatting with passengers, and otherwise not paying enough attention to the surrounding traffic to avoid causing a major injury accident.
- Drunk or drugged drivers are a menace anywhere on the roadway. This is the type of driver who often enters a freeway ramp going in the wrong direction, which can cause a serious collision.
- A motorist who is overly tired can be as much of a danger on the road as someone who is intoxicated. In addition, the fatigued driver can drift out of their lane or even fall asleep while behind the wheel of a car.
An injury attorney can investigate to determine the cause of a traffic collision and gather the evidence needed to support a client’s compensation claim to recover damages. Over the years, we have successfully handled many cases of this kind to ensure you receive compensation to pay for the following:
- All of your medical expenses caused by your major injury accident can be recovered, including ambulance, physicians’ bills, hospitalization, surgeries, testing and rehabilitation costs. If your injury is expected to continue longer, those expenses are factored into your settlement.
- The losses you face from being unable to work can be recovered. This not only includes your salary but insurance, pension benefits, tips, bonuses and more. Again, if you are unable to go back to work because of your injury or have to take a job that pays less, that is factored in.
- Recovery of damages for your pain and suffering is compensated. This can include the loss of consortium and the emotional and psychological harm you suffered.
Sacramento Auto Accident Lawyers
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m an auto accident lawyer in Sacramento. Traffic accidents often cause serious injuries, but you can get free and friendly advice on whether you can place a claim to recover compensation by calling us at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us by calling (800) 404-5400 or by messaging us online. We offer a free review of your case with no obligation on your part, can answer any questions you might have and will tell you about options to recover compensation.
We belong to the following groups, which helps show our dedication to helping our clients:
At the links that follow, you can read about how we have helped others:
:cd llo