Motorcyclist Transported to Hospital With Major Injuries
A solo motorcycle accident in Elk Grove resulted in major injuries to the rider on May 17. The collision occurred when the rider hit dirt and flipped over at the intersection of Scott and Boys Ranch roads around 5:20 p.m. Sacramento Fire Department medics were called to the scene, where they determined the rider had suffered major injuries. They then transported the motorcyclist to UC Davis Medical Center for treatment. The motorcycle was removed from the scene by a tow truck.
Recovering Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident
When a rider is injured in a motorcycle accident, they can face severe injuries and end up with high medical costs as well as the inability to work. While some people believe that motorcyclists are reckless, those who know them, realize they do their best to stay safe but sometimes simply can’t avoid an accident because of someone else’s negligence. That’s where we step in.
Finding a Motorcycle Injury Lawyer to Handle Your Claim
Our injury lawyers have successfully handled many motorcycle accident cases over the years. We know how insurance companies fight to avoid paying out a claim, especially when injuries are involved. We also know how to deal with the tricks used to deny your claim. We have handled so many that I even wrote a booklet to answer most questions motorcyclists ask after an injury called the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook.
Injuries That Commonly Occur in a Motorcycle Accident
Because of their vulnerability, traumatic injuries are common in a motorcycle crash, such as the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries from concussions to subdural hematomas are common after a motorcycle accident.
- Broken bones, including displaced, transverse and spiral fractures are common in motorcycle collisions.
- Amputation of a digit or limb can occur in a motorcycle accident.
- Road rash commonly occurs and can be serious, resulting in an infection leading to sepsis.
- Disfigurement is a serious consequence of a motorcycle accident, especially if it involves the face.
- Spinal cord trauma can occur, which can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries Other Than With Motor Vehicles
There are many ways a motorcyclist can be in an accident that doesn’t involve a motor vehicle. Some of those ways include:
- A pedestrian can step out in front of a rider and cause a motorcycle accident.
- Road conditions such as potholes, fissures and debris can lead to a serious motorcycle accident resulting in injuries. Because the statute of limitations for filing against a government entity is only six months, and there are other limits, having the help of an injury lawyer can be a good idea.
- The mechanic who worked on the motorcycle may have made an error that caused the crash.
- A defective part in the bike may have led to the motorcycle accident, such as the accelerator or brakes. In these cases, a product liability claim may be placed against the manufacturer and others in the production line. However, whenever the rider is involved in an injury accident, it is important to retain the motorcycle so it can be examined by experts for defects.
Elk Grove Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, an Elk Grove personal injury lawyer. Accidents involving a single vehicle aren’t always as they appear. There are certainly times when an accident occurs that isn’t the motorcycle rider’s fault. You are welcome to call us for free and friendly advice about whether you can recover compensation at (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400. You can also connect with us by completing the short, online form.
It is an honor for our law firm to belong to the following exclusive groups:
Over the years, our injury lawyers have assisted many people from Elk Grove in obtaining the compensation they deserve. You can find out what some had to say at the links that follow as well as review a few of our cases:
Photo attribution: Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo