Madera County Fatality Crash
A Madera County fatality crash occurred on the morning of January 10 along Highway 41 just south of Yosemite Lakes. A woman was driving a 2008 Chevrolet along the highway when traffic ahead of her began to slow. The woman applied her brakes but, for unknown reasons, she lost control of her vehicle and entered the oncoming traffic lane. The right side of the Chevrolet collided with the front of a 2017 Ford driven by a 35-year-old Coarsegold woman. The impact of the collision caused the Chevrolet to overturn and come to a stop along the southbound lane. Medical personnel responding to the scene transported the Coarsegold woman and her 16-year-old passenger to a local hospital for treatment of injuries described as minor and moderate. Sadly, the Chevrolet driver was pronounced deceased at the scene. Officials have identified the decedent as 44-year-old Ma Duarte of Madera. Our thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family of Ms. Duarte in their time of loss and sorrow.
Rollover accidents can be violent and are typically caused by a wide array of factors such as:
- Drunk Driving: As with other types of motor vehicle accidents, drug or alcohol impairment is a common factor of rollover collisions. Even small traces of alcohol can disrupt a motorist’s judgment and coordination, making them more susceptible to taking turns too quickly or speeding.
- Distracted Driving: Inattentiveness is a leading cause of rollovers by causing drivers to make sharp, sudden maneuvers when their attention is diverted from the road.
- Speed: Traveling over the posted speed limit or too fast for road conditions can increase the likelihood of a rollover.
- Weather and Road Conditions: Since rollovers tend to occur along rural roads, they frequently result in more fatalities due to a lack of dividers or barriers. Weather conditions such as rain and ice can also make roads slick and increase the chances of a rollover crash.
- Vehicle Type: Narrow, tall vehicles such as pickup trucks and SUVs have a high center of gravity and are more prone to rollover accidents.
Roof Crush Resistance
A rollover can cause a vehicle to land on its roof which can be extremely problematic in many ways. The roof may not be able to properly absorb the impact and collapse inward, causing occupants inside the vehicle to suffer crushing injuries. Conversely, vehicles can roll over several times before coming to a rest. This can increase the chance that passengers will come into contact with other objects in the car, including the roof. Lack of roof crush resistance may be considered a manufacturing defect in some cases. When this happens, an auto product liability claim may be filed against the manufacturer for resultant damages. As with any personal injury case, negligence must be proven to recover compensation. Contact an experienced Madera personal injury attorney for more details. To learn what to look for in a personal injury lawyer, watch the following video.
Wrongful Death Claims
The loss of a loved one in an accident is devastating. That loss is often compounded by anger and frustration when negligence by another party or entity was the cause. In these cases, the family of the deceased may be able to recover compensation for their loved one’s death with the assistance of an experienced Madera wrongful death attorney. By investigating further into the matter, an injury attorney can help a family recover financial damages in a wrongful death claim. Although no amount of compensation can bring a loved one back, a wrongful death case can help lessen the emotional and financial burden experienced by the loss.
Madera Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Madera car accident lawyer. Rollover accidents can create devastating consequences for all involved. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or even killed in an auto accident caused by the fault of someone else, I am here to provide you with compassionate, free and friendly advice on your situation. You can reach me at (559) 377-7676 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
Browse our client ratings and reviews on the following pages:
I am a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates, a forum that is only open to U.S. trial attorneys who have won $1 million or more for a client.
I was invited to join the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, a group which recognizes attorneys who exhibit legal excellence in their work.
Browse our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Madera County Fatality Crash: AutoAccident.com
Photograph Credit: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay / Madera County Fatality Crash
:ds [cs 776] cv