Lincoln Auto Accident Lawyer
Lincoln Auto Accident Lawyer – An auto accident lawyer can help defend your right to fair compensation when you’ve been injured in a car accident caused through negligence. With the rapid growth of the city of Lincoln over the years, the risk of collisions has increased, especially along California State Routes 65 and 193, along with Interstate 80. Mounting medical bills, emotional trauma and time needed away from work to recover from injuries can cause a family’s financial situation to become fragile. This is where an experienced auto accident lawyer can help.
Car Accident Statistics
In 2015, the California Office of Traffic Safety reported 129 traffic collisions in which a Lincoln auto accident lawyer could have helped. All of these accidents resulted in either injuries or fatalities. In Placer County, there were a total of 1,446 injuries and deaths reported from traffic accidents. The statistics cover not only vehicle collisions but include pedestrian, motorcycle and bicycle accidents as well.
Preventing an Automobile Accident
Negligence is responsible for 95 percent of all vehicle collisions. Since negligence is the basis of a personal injury, this means that the person or persons who were harmed through another’s fault can obtain compensation to pay for their medical bills, pain and suffering and time lost from work. Some of the more common negligent actions that can lead to an accident are:
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers are responsible for a high percentage of motor vehicle accidents and cause many injuries and fatalities each year.
- Distracted driving: Texting and talking on the phone, eating in the car, accessing GPS and any other actions that take a driver’s eyes off the road count as distracted driving.
- Speeding: Speeding is another major cause of car accidents and can lead to a need for an auto accident lawyer. Keep in mind that the faster a vehicle is going, the more serious the injuries and the higher the risk of death.
- Running a red light or stop sign: This is a common reason for accidents at intersections, where 40 percent of collisions occur. In some cases, speeding makes it difficult to stop at a red light or causes problems when running through a yellow light before it turns.
- Drug use: Illicit drugs, prescription or over-the-counter medicines can lead to a motor vehicle accident.
- Aggressive driving and road rage: Aggressive drivers and those with road rage drive without any consideration for others on the road, exhibiting behaviors such as tailgating, cutting in and out of traffic and other dangerous actions.
- Drowsy driving: Those who are short on sleep, work late shifts, or on medications can fall asleep while driving or drift into another lane, causing an accident.
- Road defects: Government entities are responsible for design and maintenance along roadways. When a pothole, overhanging tree limb or missing sign causes a collision, you might need an auto accident lawyer to help you with a government claim.
Watch YouTube Video: First Steps if Injured in an Auto Accident. This video demonstrates the first steps you will need to take if you have been injured in a car accident.
Lincoln Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Lincoln car accident lawyer. Accident injuries can leave you or your loved one in a precarious position financially. This is compounded by a sense of injustice when your injuries were caused by a negligent driver or government entity. When you need help, I can offer you free and friendly advice when you call me at (916) 921-6400 or use my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400.
For the past 36 years, I’ve represented the residents of Lincoln and other parts of Northern California in all types of accidents, brain, and other traumatic injuries and in cases of wrongful death to obtain the compensation they need and deserve.
Finding out about a law practice when searching for experienced representation is a good idea. You can look over some of our prior cases and reviews and comments by clients at the following sites:
As a member of the Million Dollar Advocate Forum, I belong to a forum of top trial lawyers who have won a verdict or settlement for a client in excess of one million dollars.
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos.com / Lincoln Auto Accident Lawyer.
:cd cha [cs 725] cv