Lange Avenue Intersection Hit-and-Run Injures Bicyclist
A hit-and-run driver in Sacramento injured a bicycle rider on May 5 after colliding with them at an intersection. The accident happened around 1:18 p.m. at the Lange Avenue intersection with Masonry Way. When California Highway Patrol officers arrived at the scene, the female bicycle rider was still down in the roadway but was talking and alert.
Injured Bicyclist Transported to Hospital
Sacramento Fire Department emergency responders arrived at the scene. They transported the injured rider to Kaiser South Sacramento Medical Center with undescribed injuries. CHP Traffic investigators are examining the accident to determine how it occurred.
Bicyclist Injuries in an Accident Are Often Serious
Bicycle accidents often occur when a vehicle strikes a rider and leaves the scene without providing assistance or exchanging information. As a result of their lack of protection, bicyclists are more susceptible to severe injury when involved in a collision than occupants of cars. A collision increases the risk of bicyclists being ejected from their bicycles or colliding with vehicles or the road surface, resulting in serious conditions such as head trauma, broken bones, or spinal cord injuries.
The Causes of Hit-and-Run Bicycle Accidents
The following reasons can lead to bicycle accidents involving fleeing drivers:
- Avoiding responsibility: To avoid legal problems, unlicensed or uninsured drivers or drivers with prior criminal records may flee the scene.
- Panic: In the event of a collision, drivers may panic and leave the accident scene out of confusion or fear without thinking of the repercussions.
- Intoxication: Intoxicated drivers may flee the scene after hitting a bicyclist in order to avoid being arrested for driving under the influence.
- Distracted driving: Drivers are distracted by texting or talking on their phones to realize they have hit a bicyclist.
How Can an Attorney Help When a Bicyclist Is in a Hit-and-Run Accident
In the event of a bicycle accident, having an attorney on your side during the legal process can be very helpful. An attorney can help in the following ways:
- Your attorney can investigate the accident to gather evidence that supports your injury claim and helps to locate the hit-and-run driver, including interviewing witnesses, performing accident reconstruction and other methods to identify the responsible party.
- Having an attorney on your side can help you pursue compensation for injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages caused by your injury. In addition to negotiating with insurance companies, they can file a lawsuit if necessary to recover the total amount of damages you deserve.
- When you are trying to recover from your injuries, dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating and complicated. You can reduce your stress and focus on your recovery by having your lawyer handle all communications with insurance companies.
When a fleeing driver causes a bicycle accident, an attorney can provide crucial support and guidance. Experienced attorneys can help you ensure you are compensated fairly and hold the person accountable for their negligent actions.
Information about what you should look for in an attorney is presented in the video below by personal injury lawyer Ed Smith:
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith. I am a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. The accident attorneys at our firm are ready to provide free and friendly advice in the case of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Our phone number is (916) 921-6400. We can also be contacted by telephone at (800) 404-5400, or you can send an online message.
Among the organizations we have been a member of are the following:
You can see how our injury lawyers have aided others by clicking on these links:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Rudy and Peter Skitterians from Pixabay
:cd llo