Missouri Flat Road Injury Accident Involves Two Vehicles
An injury accident involving two vehicles occurred in Placerville on December 22 at a busy local intersection. The crash involved a Jeep and Ford F-350, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) at about 12:29 p.m. The vehicles were discovered at the intersection of Missouri Flat and Forni roads by responding officers and blocking the number one lane. An investigation is being held by the CHP to determine how the accident happened and to assign fault.
Accident Injuries Can Be Delayed
An adrenaline rush is common during stressful times, even in a minor injury accident. It may take hours, days, or weeks for more serious symptoms to appear following what appeared to be a minor accident. Having no record of an injury, even a minor one, makes filing a compensation claim much more challenging. It is for this reason that medical attention is so important after an injury crash.
Delayed Symptoms After an Injury Accident
Injuries can manifest over time after an accident. There are a number of them, including:
- Back pain: Many people experience back pain after a traffic accident. Eventually, chronic pain causes difficulty walking, moving comfortably, even going to work. A herniated disc, a sprain, a spinal injury or a cervical strain are some of the conditions that can cause severe back pain. It is common for people to be restricted in mobility because of back pain, and that can negatively affect their way of life.
- Numbness or tingling: Your extremities may feel tingly or numb after a minor injury accident. You may need medical treatment if you have a sprained or strained back, pinched nerve or other symptoms related to these conditions.
- Headaches: In the aftermath of a minor injury crash, headaches are common, but when they become more severe, it may indicate a more serious problem. Headaches can be the result of a traumatic brain injury, blood clot or neck trauma. Following a traffic collision if your head was struck, medical attention is important even if you feel fine.
- Abdominal pain: The ER or urgent care should be consulted as soon as possible if you experience abdominal pain. There may be considerable pain and heavy bruising in the abdomen as a result of internal bleeding or organ damage. It is often necessary to perform emergency surgery to repair these types of injuries.
- Neck and shoulder pain: A neck strain or sprain is common after a traffic accident, even when there is little speed involved. It typically takes a few weeks for these symptoms to disappear even after a minor accident. Symptoms such as blurry vision, swelling, headaches, pain, numbness and limited movement can occur in more severe cases, which can take up to a year to heal.
Placerville Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Placerville car accident lawyer. There is a possibility that minor injuries may turn into more serious ones after an accident. You might be able to recover compensation for your injuries if someone else’s negligence caused them. Call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice from our injury lawyers. Please feel free to contact us using our online message form as well.
Below you can find more information about our team of injury lawyers who have helped many El Dorado County residents obtain fair compensation for their accident trauma over the years:
We feel privileged to belong to these groups in California, which shows how our accident attorneys work hard for our clients:
:cd llo