Driver Flees Injury Accident on State Route 12
An injury accident involving a hit and run occurred in Isleton on April 21 involving two vehicles. The accident left one vehicle in the middle of the roadway along eastbound SR 12 just west of SR 160 at around 9:39 p.m. according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) report. Emergency responders arrived and determined that injuries had occurred in at least one person involved in the collision.
Investigation Ongoing in Injury Accident Involving Hit-and-Run Driver
The vehicle suspected of fleeing the scene was identified as a Hyundai Elantra and was spotted heading eastbound along SR 12. It is unknown whether that driver was apprehended by police. The accident is currently being investigated by authorities.
Seeking Help in Finding the Hit-and-Run Driver
When you’ve suffered injuries caused by a hit-and-run driver, you need the assistance of a lawyer who can locate that motorist and hold them responsible. It’s hard enough to be injured and face high medical bills, be unable to work and endure the pain and suffering. The driver who caused your trauma should be liable for your injuries. Over the years, our law firm has successfully located a number of hit-and-run drivers to do exactly that.
- We send our investigators to the site of the hit-and-run accident as soon as possible to collect evidence before it is covered over or disappears.
- Traffic surveillance cameras are a good source of information since one of them may have filmed the accident as it occurred. That film can be subpoenaed to help locate the hit-and-run driver.
- Witnesses are another good source of information. A witness may have seen the accident as it happened and recall part of the license plate number. In other cases, since hit-and-run drivers often live close by, a witness may be able to identify the vehicle and even the driver behind the wheel.
- The vehicle that was struck and the surrounding area at the accident site is checked for paint marks and metal from the other car. This can be used to identify the vehicle’s make and model.
- Accident reconstruction is conducted to show how the crash involving the hit-and-run driver occurred. Evidence of this type is accepted by insurance companies and in civil court.
Once the evidence is compiled, our injury lawyers use it to construct a strong case that supports our client’s claim to recover compensation.
Your Insurance Coverage Is an Option to Recover Compensation
If the injured person has an uninsured/underinsured policy attached to their auto insurance and the other party isn’t able to pay for your damages, that may be used to cover the cost of medical expenses caused by the accident. This add-on insurance is good if you are a driver, passenger in the vehicle, bicyclist or a pedestrian. If you didn’t elect to take this coverage but another immediate family member did, their insurance can be used instead. The policy rates remain unaffected.
Arbitration in an Insurance Company Settlement
If the insurance company and injured party cannot reach an agreement on the amount, an injury lawyer can represent you in arbitration. Because an injury lawyer is accustomed to working with insurance companies, you can obtain a better settlement to pay for your injuries and outstanding medical bills.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith. I’m a Sacramento car accident lawyer. When you’ve been injured by a negligent motorist, you have the right to recover damages to cover the cost of your medical expenses and additional losses. You are welcome to get in touch with our injury lawyers for free and friendly advice about placing a claim at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a message online.
Follow the links below to learn how our team of injury lawyers has helped others to obtain the compensation they deserve:
The following groups honor us with their membership:
:cd llo