Black Bear Drive Intersection Collision Injures Older Man
Two vehicles were involved in a North Highlands intersection collision on June 13 that caused facial injuries to an older man. The collision was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as happening shortly before noon along westbound Black Bear Drive, where it intersected with Antelope Road. The crash caused a black sedan involved in the incident to be pushed into a tree, and the other vehicle, a silver pickup, ended up on the sidewalk.
Injuries Suffered in Violent Intersection Collision
An older male suffered facial lacerations from the intersection collision. The black sedan was reported with major front-end damage. An investigation into the cause of the accident is underway by the CHP.
Recovering Compensation Following an Intersection Collision
Intersection collisions can cause many different types of injuries because of the numerous varieties of accidents that occur there. There are many ways in which an accident at a crossroads can happen, and an injury lawyer can help the injured party recover damages to cover the cost of their medical expenses, wages lost from being unable to work and for their pain and suffering. Over the years, my legal team and I have successfully handled many cases of this type, and we offer a free consultation to review your collision, answer your questions and tell you what options there are to collect compensation.
Dangers of Intersections
As the years pass, intersection collisions have become more common and now make up more than half of all traffic accidents. Almost all of them are due to negligent drivers but not all. The reasons most intersection accidents occur include the following:
- Inattention: Driving up to or through an intersection without noticing what is going on around them is a major reason for collisions. Unfortunately, not all drivers obey traffic laws, and although a motorist might have a green light, that doesn’t mean passing through the intersection is safe. Drivers should always look in all directions before going into an intersection to avoid a collision with a traffic lawbreaker.
- Making a false assumption: Many drivers believe they know what another motorist is going to do, but this isn’t necessarily true. For example, although a driver may have their turn signal on, you can’t be sure they are really turning until they actually do it.
- Making an illegal maneuver: Some motorists may speed, turn right on red, although it is prohibited, or make a U-turn where it isn’t allowed. Since other motorists don’t expect this to happen, it can result in an intersection collision.
- Ignoring a red light: Red-light runners are common at intersections and cause many traffic injuries and fatalities each year.
- View obstruction: Motorists can get frustrated when they approach an intersection intending to make a right-hand turn and can’t see to their left. In many cases, larger vehicles obscure the view of the driver, or the motorist pulls into the crosswalk. Rather than wait until the view is clear, the driver may attempt the right turn anyway, causing an intersection collision.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento car accident lawyer. An intersection collision can leave you with serious injuries, the inability to work, and pain and suffering. When negligence by another motorist was the cause, you may want to find out whether you can place a claim for compensation. Phone me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. I can be reached online also.
Additional information about my law office is located at the links below:
Photo attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/crash-car-car-crash-accident-1308575/
:cd llo [cs 649]