Auburn Boulevard Intersection Accident Cause Reported by Witness
An intersection accident occurred in Sacramento on December 30 when a negligent driver reportedly caused a rear-end collision. The crash happened at the intersection of Auburn Boulevard and Madison Avenue in front of a gasoline station shortly before noon. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers arrived at the accident scene to discover that a Chevy Tahoe had crashed into a pole.
Intersection Accident Being Investigated to Determine Fault
The accident blocked the roadway and turn lanes from Auburn to Madison. According to a witness to the accident at the crossroads, the Tahoe was waiting at a light when a Nissan Versa struck it from behind. This may have pushed the Tahoe into the pole. At the time of this report, the extent of injuries suffered in the accident had not been reported. The CHP is investigating to determine the cause of the crash.
Obtaining Compensation After an Accident Injury
Following an accident, the person who was injured can not only face the pain and suffering it involves but wonder how they are going to pay their medical bills and cope with being off work with no income. An experienced injury attorney can help when negligence was the cause of the collision, and my law office has successfully handled many cases that involve intersection crashes.
In claims that are placed to seek compensation for accident injuries, it has to be shown that the negligent party was the cause. We have a lot of experience in doing just that and can gather the information needed to support a client’s claim. Evidence gathering efforts include:
- Examining the police report for errors is a necessary task our investigators undertake.
- They obtain video footage taken at the intersection by traffic cameras. This is a good source of proof of fault and is commonly used by an injury lawyer in negotiations with the insurance company or in court.
- Forensic reconstruction of the accident is performed, which is also used during insurance negotiations and in court.
- Witnesses are interviewed to look for corroborating statements on how the accident occurred and can be used as testimony.
The compiled evidence is handed over to our injury attorneys, who use it to construct a strong case that benefits our client’s claim.
Negligence at Intersections
Intersections are prime locations for accidents and account for 40 percent of all collisions. Negligence is almost always the cause. Some of the most common types of collisions at intersections that involve negligence include:
- Running a red light or stop sign is the number one reason for intersection accidents. Unfortunately, this usually involves a driver who is legally passing through a green light and has their vehicle T-boned by a negligent motorist.
- Rear-end collisions: Another common type of intersection accident, these are usually due to negligence. The driver in question who causes the collision is generally either driving distracted or is intoxicated or too fatigued to be behind the wheel of a car.
- Failure to yield: This is another common cause of accidents. A driver is supposed to yield if another vehicle is in their path, even if they have the right of way. Failure to yield is also the cause of many pedestrian accidents that involve motor vehicles.
- Improper turns: A driver who makes a turn when they do not have a clear view of oncoming traffic and causes an accident is negligent. In some cases, it is because another vehicle is blocking their view. In others, maintenance of trees and foliage at the intersection is under par and obstructs the driver’s view. In these cases, the government entity charged with taking care of the maintenance may be held liable.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Sacramento car accident lawyer. If you would like free and friendly advice about your accident case, please phone me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. An online form is also available if you prefer to message me.
The following pages hold helpful information about my law firm that may interest you:
It is a privilege and honor for me to belong to the following groups:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd llo [cs 733]