Injury Occurs in Munroe Street Auto Accident
A car accident on May 2 sent at least one person to the hospital. The crash happened along Munroe Street between Fair Oaks Boulevard and Huntington Road around 7:55 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). A Honda Pilot and Lexus SUV were involved in the crash, and both were found by officers in the center turn lane.
Authorities Determining Cause of Injury Collision
At least one party was transported by the Sacramento Fire Department medics to Sutter Medical Center with undescribed injuries. CHP Traffic will determine how the collision occurred and assign fault.
Causes of a Car Accident in a Turn Lane
Traffic accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury and death, and they often occur when drivers fail to take proper precautions when driving through a turn lane. While many factors can contribute to a traffic accident, some of the most common causes that involve a turn lane include:
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic when turning can cause a crash.
- Misjudging the speed of other drivers while merging into traffic is a common error.
- Not using turn signals or properly signaling lane changes is negligent and can lead to a collision.
- Driving too fast for the conditions is considered speeding as well as going over the speed limit.
- Driving distracted, such as talking on a cell phone or texting while behind the wheel of a car causes collisions.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs leads to accidents.
- Poor road conditions such as potholes, debris in the roadway, or other problems can lead to an accident.
- Poor visibility, such as due to heavy fog or rain causes accidents.
Recoverable Damages After an Auto Accident Injury
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was the other driver’s fault or that of another entity, it is important to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. A qualified lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and will work to ensure that you are fairly compensated for any injuries or other damages that you have suffered. Damages that you can recover by filing a personal injury claim include:
- Medical costs because of the car accident can be recovered. These range from your ambulance fee to hospitalization, surgeries, doctors’ bills, and medication to rehabilitation or physical therapy.
- Continuing care: If your injuries are expected to continue into the future, the cost can be calculated into your settlement.
- Earnings: If you lost wages because of your collision, you can recover them in your settlement as well as benefits such as your insurance and pension.
- Disability: If a disability caused by your accident means you have to take a job that pays less or cannot work at all, compensation is recoverable.
- Pain and suffering include both the physical and psychological/emotional trauma you experience because of the traffic accident.
For more information on finding a lawyer to handle your case, watch the following video by car accident lawyer Ed Smith:
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. To recover compensation for your medical and other losses, contact us if you need the assistance of an injury lawyer. Call (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly legal advice. We can also be reached by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online.
Having the privilege of being members of the groups below brings us great pleasure because our attorneys work very hard on behalf of their clients:
Here are some examples of how our injury lawyers have helped clients recover compensation after being injured in an accident:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo  bw