Accident Near American River Bridge
An injury crash was reported north of Placerville on March 5 when the driver’s vehicle slammed into a wall. The accident happened along State Route 193 just south of Kelsey Road around 5:23 p.m. near the American River Bridge. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the driver of the Honda Fit had been driving recklessly before the collision occurred.
Investigation Being Conducted Into Cause of Injury Crash
It was determined that the motorist suffered minor injuries in the crash. However, a tow truck had to be summoned to remove the vehicle. The accident is being investigated by the CHP to determine the cause.
Accident Injuries Might Be Delayed
In traffic accidents, those involved often experience a rush of adrenaline, which is common during stressful times. More serious symptoms of what initially seemed to be a minor injury crash may not appear for hours, days or weeks following the accident. It is much more challenging to file a compensation claim when you do not have a record of your accident injury, even a minor one. This is why it is so important to seek medical attention after an injury crash.
An Injury Crash That Seems Minor Can Have Delayed Symptoms
After a minor injury accident, a number of injuries can take time to manifest. Among them are:
- Headaches: After a minor injury crash, headaches are common, but when they become more severe, it could mean the problem is more serious. In addition to concussions and other traumatic brain injuries, neck trauma and blood clots can cause headaches. Getting checked out right away is crucial when someone suffers a blow to the head in a traffic accident.
- Back pain: Following a traffic accident, many people suffer from back pain. Initially, there might be some pain, but it can escalate over time, making it difficult to walk, move comfortably and even go to work. Herniated discs, sprains, spinal injuries, or cervical strains are some of the causes of severe back pain. An individual’s limited mobility is often caused by back pain and can negatively impact his way of life and his ability to work, necessitating extensive medical care.
- Abdominal trauma: If you are experiencing abdominal pain, you should go to urgent care or the ER as soon as possible. Internal bleeding or organ damage in the abdomen may result in considerable pain and heavy bruising. These types of injuries often require emergency surgery to make repairs.
- Cervical sprain or strain: Following a traffic accident, neck strains and sprains are common, even in rear-end collisions at low speed. In minor accident cases, “whiplash” can generally resolve within a few weeks. More serious cases, however, can take up to a year to heal and create symptoms that include blurred vision, swelling, headaches, pain, numbness, and limited movement.
- Tingling or numbness: You may experience tingling or numbness in your extremities after a minor injury accident. This could indicate a strained or sprained cervical disc, a pinched nerve, or other symptoms requiring medical attention.
- Changes in behavior: The following behavioral changes can indicate an underlying problem: depression, difficulties hearing or seeing, memory changes, or differences in personality. A brain injury that has not been diagnosed may cause these symptoms and require medical attention.
Placerville Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Placerville car accident lawyer. What may initially appear to be minor injuries in an accident sometimes turn out to be more serious. If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you might be able to file a claim to recover compensation. Our injury lawyers are here to offer you our free and friendly advice if you call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. An online message form is available also if you prefer to contact us that way.
Over the years, our injury lawyer team has helped many El Dorado County residents in obtaining fair compensation, and you can find out more about us below:
We are honored to be members of these groups in California:
:cd llo