Elkhorn Boulevard Hit-and-Run Accident Injures Motorist
A hit-and-run accident in Sacramento caused injuries to one motorist recently. The collision occurred around 10:13 a.m. along Elkhorn Boulevard between two vehicles between Butterball Way and Walerga Road. The accident report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said that a Chrysler was struck by what is suspected to be a black Nissan SUV, which then fled the crash scene.
Motorist Injured in Hit-and-Run Accident
Sacramento Fire Department first responders arrived at the scene and determined that injuries had occurred as a result of the accident. The CHP is searching for the hit-and-run accident driver and determining how the collision occurred.
Searching for the Driver Who Hit-and-Ran
If you have been injured by a fleeing motorist, you need a lawyer on your side. It is often possible for a lawyer to locate the responsible motorist and hold them accountable. There is a lot of suffering involved when you have been injured, incurred high medical bills, or are unable to work because of your trauma. Drivers who cause injuries because they were negligent are responsible for paying for the harm they caused. It is exactly why our law firm has conducted investigations to locate hit-and-run drivers over the years and hold them responsible. Our investigations include the following:
- In order to prevent evidence from being destroyed or covered up, our investigators gather evidence at the hit-and-run accident site as soon as they can.
- The vehicle that was struck and the surrounding area at the accident scene are examined for paint marks and metal fragments from the other vehicle. It is possible to determine the make and model of a vehicle based on this information because colors and styles are specific to certain manufacturers.
- Witnesses are invaluable sources of information. Some witnesses recall parts of the license plate number they saw at the scene of the accident. In some instances, a witness can even identify the driver of the vehicle.
- This information may have been recorded by a traffic surveillance camera while the accident occurred. The film can be subpoenaed as evidence to locate the fugitive driver.
- In order to determine how the crash was caused by the driver, it is necessary to reconstruct the accident. These types of evidence are accepted by insurance companies and in civil court.
A strong case for compensation can be built by our accident attorneys by gathering evidence.
Your Insurance Coverage May Cover Compensation
When the other driver cannot be located or does not have the financial ability to pay for your damages, you can use an uninsured/underinsured policy to cover your medical expenses. This add-on insurance covers injuries suffered by drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians. Another option is to use the insurance of an immediate family member if you do not have this coverage. No changes are made to the rates.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. In the event your injuries were caused by the negligence of another driver, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help. Get free, friendly advice from our experienced attorneys by calling us at (916) 921-6400. Additionally, you can reach us online or by phone at (800) 404-5400. To learn about your compensation options, answer your questions, and review your case, we offer free consultations in person or virtually.
As a member of these organizations, we have the honor of being part of the following:
Visit the following pages to learn how our injury lawyers aided former clients in receiving the compensation they deserve:
:cd llo