Injuries Reported in Modesto Head-On Collision
Injuries were reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) after a head-on collision on Highway 108 in Modesto, CA, on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. The auto accident occurred on State Route 108 near Langworth Road shortly before 1:00 p.m. The traffic collision reportedly involved a midsize sedan and a midsize truck, both of which sustained major front-end damage, according to the CHP. Two tow trucks were called to remove the disabled vehicles from the scene. The number of parties injured and the sequence of events leading up to the crash were not immediately available.
Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Accident Case
A head-on collision is often serious and has the potential to result in catastrophic injury or fatality. When this type of accident occurs at high speeds, the consequences are likely to be severe and life-changing. The unfortunate reality is that many accidents are preventable and the result of drivers who commit negligent acts, such as distracted driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI), speeding, or fatigued driving. When any of these scenarios occur, innocent parties on the road can get hurt. A Modesto personal injury attorney is familiar with the types of injuries that occur in head-on collisions and how to obtain a fair car accident settlement for economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses, including ambulance rides, hospital bills, in-home care for permanent disability, physical therapy, surgery, primary care visits, or other ongoing treatment
- Lost wages for the inability to work temporarily as a result of an accident-related injury
- Loss of consortium for damage caused to a marital relationship as a result of an auto accident injury
- Loss of future earning capacity for permanent injury or disability suffered in an accident preventing a person from working in the future (the amount of compensation awarded for this type of damage will vary upon the age, education, skill, occupation, and the life expectancy of the injured party)
- Pain and suffering for the physical pain and emotional distress a person experiences after suffering injuries in a motor vehicle accident (this will vary in value from case to case, depending on the type and severity of the injury)
- Punitive damages may be available in some cases where the actions of the at-fault party are egregious like excessive speeding or DUI
Specific factors may affect the value of a personal injury accident claim. Watch the video below to learn what these are.
Is it Worth Hiring an Injury Attorney for a Modesto Head-On Collision?
While some people may feel concerned about their physical injuries, they may not realize how a car accident has impacted them emotionally. It is common to experience symptoms of anxiety or shock after a motor vehicle accident. However, persistent emotional issues may require assistance from a professional. There is no given time for when these issues will be treated and resolved. You should not have to decide between affording costs of medical treatment after an accident caused by the negligence of someone else. Before speaking to the other driver’s insurance company, it is best to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Modesto. By collecting evidence such as traffic accident reports, witness testimony, and other documents, an experienced injury lawyer can work to prove fault on the part of the negligent driver and advocate on an injured person’s behalf for full and fair financial compensation of their losses.
Personal Injury Law Firm in Modesto
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto personal injury lawyer. Motor vehicle collisions occur every day, and the consequences can vary drastically from case to case. Particularly severe accidents like head-on collisions may result in emotional, physical, and financial devastation for those involved and their families. If you have been injured after a car crash in Modesto, you need the insight of an experienced injury lawyer. Call me today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice on how to handle your situation and proceed with a personal injury claim.
Click on the links below to see client reviews of our personal injury law firm:
Since 1982, our accident attorneys have assisted residents of Northern California, including Modesto, with their personal injury and wrongful death claims. To see the results we have obtained for others, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:ds llo [cs 769]