Vehicle Ends Up on Sidewalk in Shandwick Drive Intersection Crash
Minor injuries were reported in Antelope after a two-vehicle crash on October 5. The accident occurred around 6:50 a.m. at the intersection of Shandwick Drive and Walerga Road when a Honda crashed into a black vehicle and ended up on the sidewalk. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) said the accident blocked the southbound roadway, and a tow truck was required to remove a compact car and station wagon.
Causes of a Two-Vehicle Intersection Crash
More than half of all collisions occur at an intersection. It is simple to understand when you realize that all types of traffic converge in these locations and are going in different directions. Just one negligent person can end up causing a serious two-vehicle crash with injuries. Some of the major reasons an intersection accident happens are as follows:
- Poor visibility: If one or both drivers have poor visibility due to weather conditions, obstructions or other factors, this can increase the likelihood of a two-vehicle crash.
- Distractions: Any distractions inside or outside of the vehicle can take a driver’s attention away from the task of driving, and this can lead to an accident.
- Speeding: When a driver is going too fast, it can result in a two-vehicle crash. Both drivers may be speeding, which increases the chances of a collision.
- Improper turns: If one or both drivers make an improper turn such as failing to yield the right-of-way this can lead to an accident.
- Intoxication: If a driver is intoxicated by drugs or alcohol, this can greatly increase the chances of an accident.
- Road rage: If one or both drivers are angry or aggressive, this can lead to dangerous driving and a potential collision.
- Fatigue: If a driver is too tired, this can cause impaired driving and an increased likelihood of an accident.
What Can Be Recovered by Filing a California Personal Injury Claim
After being involved in a car accident, you may be wondering what type of compensation you can recover through a personal injury claim. In California, there are two main types of compensation that can be recovered in a personal injury case.
Those that have a specific monetary value attached to them such as medical bills and lost wages that arose as a result of your accident injury are called economic damages. Noneconomic damages are more difficult to quantify but can include things like pain and suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life. Your injury lawyer can compile your losses and calculate what you might receive for your pain and suffering.
Seeking Help From an Injury Lawyer
When you’ve been injured by a negligent driver or other entity in a two-vehicle crash, you have the right to place a claim to recover compensation. An accident attorney can assess your case, provide you with legal advice and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Antelope Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, an Antelope personal injury lawyer. If you have been injured in a traffic accident, please contact our office to schedule a free consultation. You can reach us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice, or call us at (800) 404-5400. You also have the option to contact us online.
Our injury lawyers have obtained compensation for many of our clients over the years through their legal acumen and hard work. You can look over the comments and some of those cases below:
We are honored to belong to the organizations that follow:
Photo attribution: Image by PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay
:cd llo