Injuries Occur in Hit-and-Run Vehicle Crash Into a Building on Elkhorn Boulevard
A vehicle crashed into a building in Sacramento on November 22, causing injuries, and the driver fled the scene. The accident happened around 5:39 p.m. along Elkhorn Boulevard between Walerga Road and Butterball Way. The accident report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the vehicle crashed into a fast-food restaurant in the area.
Investigators Seeking Driver in Vehicle Crash Into a Building
No description of the vehicle was given. CHP traffic detectives are seeking the hit-and-run driver and determining what happened to cause the accident.
Why Car Crashes Into Buildings Occur
Unpredictable and fast, these accidents occur when a car loses control, which can result in a vehicle crashing into a building. These accidents are caused by many factors, including:
- Backing: As the driver backs out of a parking space, the vehicle accidentally shifts into drive instead of reverse.
- Speeding: A driver can lose control of their vehicle when they speed, especially around curves.
- Distractions: You risk losing control of your vehicle if you talk on a cell phone while driving. Losing control of the vehicle results from the driver jerking the wheel as he reacts to an impending accident.
- Fatigue: If a driver nods off behind the wheel, he or she may lose control of the vehicle.
- Equipment failure: The failure of the brakes or a blowout of the tires can result in a driver losing control of their vehicle. By filing an auto product liability claim, manufacturers and others could be held responsible for accidents caused by defective auto parts.
- Impairment: Due to lack of judgment and inability to judge distances between cars, drunk drivers may cause accidents.
- Weather conditions: During wet or icy conditions, a vehicle can become out of control due to a sudden movement made by the driver.
Compensation for Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
Those who are injured by a motor vehicle can seek compensation for injuries sustained in a vehicle collision if another party or entity is negligent. Below are some categories of damages you may be able to recover:
- Medical: Hospitalizations, surgeries, ambulance fees, diagnostic tests, rehabilitation, and other medical services may be associated with an accident. All medical costs associated with the accident can be recovered. Additionally, out-of-pocket expenses may be recouped. If you drive or take an Uber or taxi to your doctor’s appointment, you can claim mileage and any parking fees or gasoline costs. It is also covered if an injury requires further treatment or if a person becomes permanently disabled.
- Wages: Injured parties may receive compensation if they miss work and are not reimbursed for their wages after a vehicle crashes into a building. In addition to bonuses, compensation may include pensions and insurance coverage.
- Pain and suffering: Noneconomic damages include physical pain and suffering. The injured party can also compensate for psychological and emotional suffering. Patients may recoup treatment costs associated with post-traumatic stress disorder.
The following tips from Ed Smith will help you find the right lawyer for your injury case:
Sacramento Personal Injury Attorney
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury attorney. The compensation you receive for an injury caused by the negligence of another can cover your medical expenses and other losses. If you are in need of free, friendly advice, call (916) 921-6400. We are also available by telephone at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
Among the memberships that make us proud are the Million Dollar Advocates and the Top 1 Percent. Take a look at our Settlements and Verdicts to see some of the cases we have handled. In addition, you are welcome to look over reviews of our law firm on Yelp and Google.
:cd llo