Freeway Multiple-Vehicle Accident Occurs on Southbound S.R. 51
A Cap City Freeway multiple-vehicle accident occurred on January 17, causing facial trauma to one person. The accident happened on southbound S.R. 51 just north of the eastbound El Camino Avenue on-ramp shortly before 3:00 p.m. Four vehicles were involved in the crash, including a Toyota Corolla, Nissan Altima, and SUV, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
One Person Suffers Facial Trauma in Freeway Multiple-Vehicle Accident
Three of the vehicles blocked the fast lane. Medics with the Sacramento Fire Department were called to the scene, where one person was determined to have suffered facial lacerations. The CHP traffic collision unit is investigating the incident to determine fault and how the crash occurred.
Car Accident-Related Facial Injuries
A roadway accident can result in a variety of facial injuries, including:
- Lacerations: The depth of the cut determines the severity of facial lacerations in a freeway multiple-vehicle accident. It is generally not necessary to seek medical treatment for superficial lacerations. However, the healing process of deeper lacerations is often assisted by sutures. The chances of scarring are also higher for deeper lacerations. Most clients report that their insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery, which may be needed for a facial scar. There is a solution to that problem, and that is to hold the negligent driver who caused the injury responsible.
- Bone fractures: Multiple functions, such as breathing, eating, and talking, can be affected by broken bones in the face. It may be necessary to perform surgery to restore these abilities. There is a possibility of multiple broken bones in the face in a car accident.
- Soft tissue damage: The soft tissues of the face are commonly injured in accidents and may need to be repaired cosmetically.
- Eye trauma: Due to the possibility of eye injury from glass or flying objects within the vehicle, vision loss may occur.
- Burns: Some accidents result in burns to the face of the driver or passengers. Surgical grafts and burn unit care may be required based on the severity of the injury.
Roadway Accidents Can Leave Scarring
It can be challenging to cope with scarring after a freeway multiple-vehicle accident on a personal level. The embarrassment can result in the refusal to engage in social activities. As a result of another’s negligence, this can cause psychological and emotional harm that should be compensated. The defendant may be liable for this disfigurement in a personal injury case.
An Investigation Into an Accident That Causes Facial Injuries
The AutoAccident.com investigators go to the accident scene to determine liability. Performing accident reconstruction techniques is the first step toward achieving this goal. Aside from interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports, and inspecting road defects, our investigators see that no mistakes have been made. Video recordings of the accident taken by surveillance cameras are obtained in real time. Our legal team uses investigative evidence to build a strong case for our clients once we have gathered the necessary evidence.
In this video from accident lawyer Ed Smith, you will learn how to choose an attorney:
Sacramento Car Collision Attorney
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento car collision lawyer. Contact us for free and friendly advice when you have been injured in a car accident. Our accident attorneys offer a free case review when you contact us. Contact us online at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400.