Madison Avenue Accident Involved Multiple Vehicles
A multiple-vehicle crash in Fair Oaks on June 20 reportedly caused minor injuries. The four-vehicle collision occurred along westbound Madison Avenue just west of Hazel Avenue around 4:14 p.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that it involved a Toyota van, Subaru Forester and two additional vehicles, blocking traffic. At least two of the vehicles had to be towed from the scene. An investigation into the cause of the accident is underway by the CHP to determine which driver/drivers were at fault and how the accident occurred.
Minor Injuries Can Be Something More Serious
Have you ever had what you thought was a minor injury, and it turned out to be something more serious? That is what often happens in traffic accidents, especially in a multiple-vehicle crash. However, there is a reason for that. When an accident occurs, the human body is flooded with adrenaline, which can mask injury symptoms only for them to arise hours, days or even weeks later.
Getting Medical Attention After a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
If you didn’t go see a doctor or to the emergency room after a traffic collision because you thought your injury was minor, it can affect your ability to file a personal injury claim later. This is why it is so important to go to the ER or see your family physician when you’ve been involved in an accident. It establishes that you were in a collision and lets the physician create a baseline to work from if symptoms arise later.
What Symptoms Are Concerning After a Multiple-Vehicle Crash?
Some of the more common accident injury symptoms that can arise include:
- Headaches that worsen
- Stiffness and pain in the neck or shoulders
- Back pain
- Blurred vision or dizziness
- Problems concentrating
- Reduced range of motion
Getting Help After Suffering an Injury in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
When anything on this list or other symptoms arise following a multiple-vehicle crash, follow-up is critical. Should you have an injury that requires continued medical care or hospitalization, you can reach out to the lawyers at AutoAccident.com to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We firmly believe it is hard enough to suffer an injury that was someone else’s fault. You should not also have to absorb the medical costs and additional losses. Compensation you may recover by filing a claim against the negligent party includes:
- Medical costs caused by the multiple-vehicle crash can be recovered, including hospitalization, ambulance, medical tests, medications, surgeries, and physical therapy. If your injury hasn’t healed by the time the claim is approved by the at-fault party’s insurance company, the future costs can be calculated and added to the settlement.
- Wages that were lost because of the injury accident can be recovered, including your pension and insurance benefits, commissions, tips or other monies you normally received. Additions are made if you have to return to work at a lower-paying job or become permanently disabled.
- Pain and suffering also include the psychological or emotional trauma you suffered. If you have to seek treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder, that cost is recoverable also and is common after a traffic accident.
Fair Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Fair Oaks car accident lawyer. To find out whether you could be eligible to file a claim to recover compensation for your injuries, call us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
We are honored to be California members of:
Find out how others have been helped by our injury lawyers at the links below:
:cd llo