Two-Vehicle Collision at Dunlap Road Intersection Causes Serious Injury
A traffic accident at Kings Canyon Joint Unified caused serious injuries after two vehicles collided on October 11. The crash occurred at Dunlap and Hopewell roads around 3:09 p.m. After California Highway Patrol (CHP) as well as emergency responders arrived at the accident scene, the roadway was shut down to allow a Life Flight plane to land and pick up the patient for transport to a hospital.
Patient Transported by Air to Hospital After Traffic Accident
Fire department medics reported that they were working on one subject as they awaited the arrival of the plane. Tow trucks were contacted to remove the vehicles. The traffic collision is being investigated by the CHP to find out how the crash happened.
Dangers of a Traffic Accident on a Rural Road
Take extra caution when driving in rural areas, as the dangers of traffic collisions are greater. Be aware of other vehicles, pedestrians, and animals on or near the road. Drive at a safe speed and be prepared for unexpected obstacles.
If negligence by another motorist or entity was the cause of your crash, call an accident attorney to help you obtain the compensation you deserve to pay for your medical expenses and other losses. The following are common types of injuries that occur along rural roads:
- Intersections and side roads are frequent causes of traffic crashes because drivers don’t expect to see motorists pulling out. In addition, because someone may live on these side roads, they may not look for oncoming traffic.
- Deer, loose livestock and other animals can cause serious accidents.
- Rural roads tend to be poorly lit, which can make it difficult for a motorist to see other vehicles or roadway hazards that could cause them to veer into another driver.
- Heavy rain can lead to washouts and flooding, which makes passage difficult and dangerous, causing a traffic accident with another vehicle.
- Head-on crashes are common on rural roads either due to improper passing or by driving down the centerline.
- Soft shoulders can give a driver little room for error, which can cause a rollover accident into another vehicle.
- Farm equipment on roadways is a danger to drivers who are traveling at the speed limit. Suddenly coming up on a vehicle traveling less than 25 mph means they have little time or room to stop and avoid a traffic crash.
- Drunk drivers are common on rural roads. Because of the lack of good police presence, an inebriated driver worries less that they will be caught, so they risk driving.
Recovering Compensation in a Traffic Collision
An accident attorney can determine fault in a traffic crash to know who would be financially responsible for your injuries, pain and suffering and lost wages. The lawyer can calculate your damages, gather the evidence to support your claim and negotiate on your behalf with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If necessary, the lawyer can take your case to court to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Fresno Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I am a Fresno car accident lawyer. If you call (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400, we will give you free and friendly advice about your accident. Alternatively, you can contact us online. Whether in person or virtually, you can have your case reviewed and find out whether you are entitled to compensation for your injuries during a free consultation. We also offer an online contact form.
Membership in the following associations is an honor for us:
Following is a list of some of the cases we have handled where our injury lawyers have successfully helped clients obtain fair compensation over the years:
:cd llo