Honda Recalled Vehicles Due to Side-View Mirror Defect
Honda has recalled more than 300,000 vehicles due to insufficient adhesive tape on the side-view mirrors. The adhesive tape used to bond the mirror assembly is not strong enough, so the heating pad between the mirror assembly and the mirror glass could come off. The heating pad is used to defrost the side mirrors.
What is the Issue?
The problem is that the heating pads on the side-view mirrors may not be adequately bonded, leading to the mirror glass falling out. If the glass detaches, drivers may be unable to check their blind spots, increasing the risk of a crash. As a result, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said the recalled vehicles don’t comply with federal motor vehicle safety standards for mirrors and rear visibility requirements.
What are the Recalled Vehicles?
The vehicles in the recall include the following:
- 2020-2022 Honda Odyssey
- 2020-2021 Honda Pilot SUV
- 2020-2021 Honda Ridgeline
- 2020-2022 Honda Passport
What is the Fix?
If you own any impacted vehicles above, Honda dealerships will inspect and replace the defective parts with stronger bonds for free. Owners can expect to get a letter of notification by mid-May 2023.
Honda said it has received 71 warranty claims but no reports of injuries or accidents related to this issue.
The Importance of Side-View Mirrors
Side-view mirrors enhance your vehicle’s appearance and are an essential component that plays a crucial role in safe driving. Side-view mirrors can:
- Improve visibility: help drivers to see the areas around their vehicle that are not visible through the front or rear windscreen. By adjusting the mirrors properly, drivers can eliminate blind spots and get a better view of what’s happening around their vehicle, including other cars, pedestrians, and obstacles.
- Enhance safety: provide a wider field of vision; side-view mirrors help drivers make safer and more informed driving decisions. They can anticipate potential hazards and take necessary action to avoid car accidents. They also allow drivers to maneuver their vehicles safely, especially when changing lanes or reversing.
- Reduce accidents: help to reduce the number of auto accidents on the road. They allow motorists to better understand their surroundings, which can help prevent collisions with pedestrians, other vehicles, or objects.
In most jurisdictions, side-view mirrors are mandatory and are required by law. Driving without side view mirrors can result in fines, penalties, or in some cases, license suspension.
Consulting an Injury Lawyer after an Accident
If you were injured in an accident caused by a defective auto product, it is essential to seek legal help immediately. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
At AutoAccident.com, we understand the pain and suffering injured individuals go through. That’s why we offer a free, no-obligation consultation to those hurt in accidents. Our experienced injury lawyers will listen to your case, evaluate your claim, and provide you with the legal guidance you need to make informed decisions about your next steps.
Our team of skilled and compassionate lawyers will fight tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. We understand that every case is unique, and we take the time to understand the specifics of your situation before devising a strategy tailored to your needs.
Watch the YouTube video below to understand how our Sacramento personal injury attorneys can help you with your accident case.
Northern California Personal Injury Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a California Personal Injury Lawyer. If you have been seriously injured in an accident, contact our law firm today at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice, and let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Our law firm has a proven track record of successfully handling personal injury cases since 1982, and we are committed to fighting for our client’s rights. We believe everyone deserves justice and will not rest until we have achieved the best possible outcome for you.
See our past Verdicts and Settlements.
Photo by Kalle Kortelainen on Unsplash
cha llo [cs 691]