Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Crash Near Merced
A hit-and-run motorcycle crash occurred near the Merced area on the morning of July 29, 2022. The incident was said to have occurred shortly after 10:50 a.m. on southbound State Route 99 and the Atwater Merced Expressway offramp.
Details on the Hit-and-Run Motorcycle Crash Near Merced
The California Highway Patrol responded to the crash site and located a motorcyclist off the roadway into the center divider. Fire crews and first responders were requested to provide assistance. The incident was described as a hit-and-run accident. CHP traffic officers have not yet released more details on the motorcycle accident due to the ongoing investigation.
What to Do After a Car vs. Motorcycle Crash
A motorcycle collision may leave you stressed and unsure of what to do next. There are steps that can be taken to protect yourself following a crash, such as:
- Request Medical Attention: After getting injured in a crash as a motorcyclist, your priority should be your health and safety. Check yourself and others for injuries. Contact emergency personnel for medical assistance at the scene. Move your bike off the road and to a safe area to prevent the risk of a collision with oncoming traffic.
- Seek Medical Treatment: If you were not treated at the scene, be sure to get checked out immediately. A physician may document your injuries, treat them, and decrease the potential for long-term complications. Medical records are key to bridging the connection between injuries and a motorcycle crash, so be sure to get medical treatment immediately to avoid disputes regarding reported injuries with the insurance carrier later.
- Collect Evidence: After a hit-and-run accident, gather as much evidence as possible. Take pictures of the crash site, road signage, and your physical injuries. Ask eyewitnesses for statements and take their contact information.
- Watch What You Say: When local law enforcement arrives at the scene to conduct a traffic incident report, be sure to cooperate with them but avoid admitting fault. This may be taken as an admission of guilt. This is especially true when communicating with the insurer. That is why it is essential to discuss your case with a lawyer immediately to protect your rights and best interests.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: Reach out to a skilled accident attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will get to work quickly by conducting an independent investigation and calling on a private investigator to track down the hit-and-run driver. Your attorney will also handle communication and negotiations with the insurer, including your own for uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Watch this video to learn about our injury attorneys and how we can help you.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Merced
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced motorcycle accident attorney. Any type of traffic collision may be traumatic, but those involving motorcyclists are particularly catastrophic. If you were injured in a crash as a motorcycle rider, you may benefit from the assistance of an experienced lawyer. Contact our legal team today to get started at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. We are available anytime to review your motorcycle accident case and provide free, friendly advice.
At AutoAccident.com, our legal team has earned a reputation for recovering maximum compensation and providing our clients with a high level of excellence. Two of many groups that have recognized these qualities and invited us to join as California members include the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Advocates.
Go to these links to see some of the ratings and reviews that our past clients have left about us:
At our law firm, we always place our client’s best interests above all. See some of the results we have obtained in motorcycle accident cases by visiting our Settlements and Verdicts page.
Photo Source: “Rodnae-Prod” on Pexels
:ds llo [cs 651]