Golden State Highway Accident Involves Hit-and-Run
A hit-and-run in Elk Grove on February 23 resulted in injuries in a three-vehicle crash. The collision happened along State Route 99 northbound at the east Laguna Boulevard on-ramp around 4:28 p.m. Elk Grove police believe the third vehicle left the accident scene. It was reported that it had smoke coming from under its hood.
Authorities Searching for Hit-and-Run Driver
The other two vehicles involved in the accident, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) report, were a Dodge Ram pickup and a Mini Cooper, which sustained significant front-end damage. No description of the fleeing vehicle was provided by authorities. It was not reported how serious the injuries in the accident were or whether treatment was provided at the scene or the injured were taken to a hospital. The accident is under investigation to determine how it happened and to locate the driver who fled.
How a Law Firm Investigates to Locate a Fleeing Driver
When a driver flees the scene of an auto accident, it can be difficult to locate them and hold them accountable for their actions. In such situations, it is important to enlist the services of a qualified law firm that possesses the investigative tools necessary to identify and locate fleeing drivers. Tracking down the driver and vehicle includes:
- Tracking down eyewitnesses: A lawyer can use the information obtained from any witnesses at the scene of the hit-and-run to track down potential leads and identify the driver.
- Obtaining video surveillance: Law enforcement or a private investigator may be hired to locate security camera footage of the incident which could potentially provide clues as to who was driving at the time of the accident.
- Investigating vehicle debris left behind: In some cases, debris from a vehicle, such as broken glass, plastic pieces or personal belongings may have been left behind at the scene of the accident, which can help determine what type of car was involved in the car collision.
- Locating a vehicle similar to that at the scene: A lawyer can investigate vehicles of a certain make and model near the location of the accident in order to determine if any of them may have been involved.
- Obtaining traffic tickets: If available, traffic citations issued around the time of the hit-and-run may offer clues as to who was behind the wheel when it occurred.
- Utilizing police reports: Police reports from before or after the incident may provide information about a potential suspect and can help locate any witnesses who were not present at the scene of the accident.
- Contacting auto body shops for repairs: Automobile repair shops or other businesses which work on car damage may be able to provide evidence of recent repairs that could link a vehicle to the accident.
- Checking registration records: A lawyer may look into registration records to determine who is registered as the owner of a car similar to that involved in the accident.
Personal Injury Attorney in Elk Grove
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a personal injury attorney in Elk Grove. You can get free legal advice from a lawyer if you suffered an injury in an accident that was not your fault. If you would like to receive some free, friendly advice from our firm, please call (916) 694-0002 or long-distance (800) 404-5400. Our services are also available online. A free consultation can be arranged online or virtually with one of our accident attorneys to review your case and inform you of your options for recovering compensation.
Our memberships include the following organizations:
You can see how injury lawyers with our firm have helped people obtain fair compensation for their injuries in the following examples:
:cd llo