Highway Motorcycle Accident With Injuries Occurs on U.S. 50
A Sacramento highway accident on November 21 involving a motorcycle and vehicle caused the rider major injuries. The crash happened on eastbound U.S. 50 just west of the southbound State Route 99 connector around 5:17 p.m. The motorcyclist was reported as down in the fourth lane of the highway by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Rider Suffers Major Injuries in Highway Motorcycle Accident
Sacramento Fire Department medics determined the rider had suffered major trauma in the crash and transported the motorcyclist to a hospital. Information was not available on whether the motorist involved remained at the scene. All lanes were reopened shortly after 5:30 p.m. The investigation into the accident’s cause is underway by CHP traffic collision detectives.
Getting Compensation after a Motorcycle Accident
If you choose a motorcycle accident attorney, you should consider their success rate. In the past, we have represented a number of motorcycle riders who were injured in motorcycle accidents and received fair compensation for their losses. The investigation into the crash is important because it establishes fault and involves collecting evidence that supports your injury claim.
Collecting Evidence After a Highway Motorcycle Accident
An investigation of a motorcycle accident can include a number of factors, all of which support the client’s injury claim so they can recover compensation. Common areas where evidence is sought include the following:
- The accident report is reviewed to determine if it is accurate.
- The area is searched for surveillance cameras to see if the highway motorcycle accident was caught on film.
- The investigators perform accident reconstruction, which shows the positions of the vehicles and how they collide. This type of investigation often shows which driver was at fault and is accepted in court and by insurance companies.
- The roadway is checked to see if maintenance problems, lack of signage and others caused the accident. If lack of maintenance contributed to the highway motorcycle accident, a claim may be placed against the government entity charged with its upkeep. Since the time limit to file a government claim is only six months, getting help from an injury lawyer will ensure the paperwork is correct and filed within the time limit.
- The motorcycle is examined for defects that could have contributed to the collision. If found, a product liability claim may be placed against the part designer, manufacturer and others.
Learn what to look for in a motorcycle crash lawyer in this video by accident attorney Ed Smith:
Sacramento Motorcycle Collision Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I am a Sacramento motorcycle collision lawyer. Motorcyclists are often severely injured in accidents, resulting in expensive medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A rider who is injured in an accident due to the negligence of another motorist may seek compensation by filing a personal injury claim. Our injury lawyers will gladly assist you if you call (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us an online message.
In addition to being part of the Top One Percent, our law firm has also been named among the Million Dollar Advocates. These two organizations are sources of pride for us since they demonstrate the hard work we put into assisting our clients to recover fair compensation. If you would like to see examples of cases that we have handled in the past and comments and reviews by clients, please visit Settlements and Verdicts on our website and look over Yelp and Google comments.
:cd llo [cs 614]