State Route 51 Accident Occurs Near Off-Ramp
A Sacramento highway accident on October 27 caused minor injuries when three vehicles collided. The crash happened along northbound State Route 51 just south of the H Street off-ramp around 3:25 p.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the crash involved a Pontiac G6, a Nissan Altima, and a Honda Accord.
Investigation Underway To Determine Cause of Highway Accident
A caller to the CHP reported that a sedan was possibly heading northbound along S.R. 51 and was speeding up and slowing down. However, the caller was unsure if it was one of the same vehicles. Several tow trucks were called to the scene to remove vehicles. An investigation is being conducted by the CHP to determine why and how the crash occurred.
Causes of a Highway Accident
Highway traffic collisions are a leading cause of death and injury in the United States. In 2015, there were over 6 million police-reported crashes, which resulted in nearly 35,000 fatalities and over 2.3 million injuries.
There are many factors that can contribute to a crash, including:
- Speeding is common along highways. However, by speeding, the driver has less control of their vehicle and often can’t stop in time to prevent a highway accident.
- Impaired driving (due to alcohol, drugs, or fatigue): Being impaired while behind the wheel of a motor vehicle means the driver has poor reflexes, cannot react quickly, and may have their judgment affected. This can easily lead to a traffic collision.
- Distracted driving (due to texting, talking on the phone, eating, etc.): Distractions can be visual, tactical or mental, all of which can lead to a highway accident. Just taking your eyes off the roadway and surrounding traffic for a few seconds is enough to cause a serious collision.
- Poor road conditions: When roadway maintenance is poor such as potholes, debris, missing or confusing signage and others, it can lead to a serious highway accident. When roadway maintenance causes an accident, a claim may be filed against the government entity. Because the deadline to file is only six months from the date of the injury, getting help from an accident attorney may be advisable.
- Defective vehicle parts: Brakes that fail, a tire blowout and other problems that can lead to a traffic collision may be caused by defects. Retaining a vehicle if you are injured in a crash is a good idea so that it can be checked. A product liability claim might be placed against the manufacturer and others if a defect caused your crash injuries.
Some of these factors are within the driver’s control, while others are not. However, all of these factors can contribute to the severity of a collision.
A Lawyer Can Determine Fault in a Multiple-Vehicle Highway Accident
In a multiple-vehicle traffic accident, there may be more than one person at fault. A lawyer can help you determine who is liable for your injuries and damages. If you have been involved in a highway traffic collision, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. When a negligent driver causes an accident, those who are injured can recover compensation for their trauma and other losses. Give us a call at (916) 921-6400 if you wish to speak with an accident lawyer about whether you may be able to file a claim. You can also reach us by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online.
Following are some of the affiliations we’re proud to be a part of:
You can see at the following links that our injury lawyers have helped many people get fair compensation over the years:
:cd llo