Accident on SR 49 Involves Head-on Collision
A head-on collision in Auburn on December 25 resulted in minor injuries to one person. The accident occurred on Christmas Day at around 7:47 p.m. along State Route 49, just south of Quarry Road. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the collision occurred between a Ford pickup and sedan. The vehicles blocked the middle of the roadway, and tow trucks had to remove them both. The accident is being investigated by the CHP to discover how it occurred and which driver was at fault.
Causes of a Head-on Collision
Head-on collisions are often one of the most deadly types of traffic accidents, especially when they occur on highways. The reason they are so dangerous is that the speed of both vehicles combines upon impact. Fatalities and serious injuries often occur. Some of the reasons for a head-on collision include:
- Drunk drivers are a common factor in a head-on collision. Because drunk drivers use poor judgment and have their vision affected, they are the ones who usually enter a freeway exit ramp in the wrong direction. This places them in the fast lane going the wrong way.
- Speeding can lead to a collision head-on. This happens when the speeding driver loses control and ends up crossing into an opposing lane.
- Risky passing on a two-lane highway can result in a head-on collision. Drivers who risk passing on a double-yellow line or when the view ahead isn’t clear can cause this type of accident.
- Turning left after the light at an intersection has changed to red can lead to this type of accident. It occurs because traffic coming from the other direction has already started up, so by turning in front of one of these vehicles, a head-on collision happens.
- Construction zones are places where a head-on crash can easily occur if the lanes are not clearly marked.
- A defective part in an automobile can lead to a head-on accident. If a tire experiences a blowout, the accelerator pedal sticks or the brakes fail, the driver can lose control and end up in oncoming traffic. An injury attorney can help recover compensation for your injuries by filing an auto product liability claim against the manufacturer.
- Distracted driving can easily end up causing a collision head-on. A driver who is leaning over to change a radio station, texting, or doing anything other than concentrating on the roadway ahead is apt to slide out of their own lane without noticing until it’s too late.
- Lack of roadway maintenance can lead to a collision if the lighting is poor, potholes and upheavals in the pavement exist or signs are obscured. A claim to recover compensation for an injury can be filed against the government entity in charge of maintenance.
Determining the Cause of a Head-on Collision
Because in any vehicle accident, a car or truck can be pushed around and end up facing in the wrong direction, enlisting the help of an injury lawyer to determine the cause is important. An injury attorney can use investigators to determine how the accident occurred and collect the evidence to support a client’s compensation claim, including:
- Performing accident reconstruction
- Reviewing the police report for errors
- Interviewing witnesses
- Examining area surveillance cameras to see if the accident was captured on tape.
Once the evidence is gathered, our injury lawyers use it in building a strong case that supports our client’s claim.
Auburn Personal Injury Attorney
I am Ed Smith, and I am an Auburn personal injury lawyer. When you’ve suffered injuries because another motorist was negligent, you may want to find out if you can file a claim against them for compensation. You are welcome to contact us for our free and friendly advice at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. If you prefer, you can connect with us online.
Discover how our team of injury lawyers has helped others below:
We have helped Auburn residents since 1982 to get fair compensation in all kinds of traffic crashes.
:cd llo