Multiple Injuries Reported in Car Accident on Auburn Folsom Road
A multiple-vehicle crash in Granite Bay involving three vehicles resulted in several people being transported to a hospital. The collision, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), occurred at the Auburn Folsom Road intersection with Muir Way at around 7:30 a.m. Traffic was advised to divert to Eureka Road because the southbound lanes were shut down, although the northbound remained open.
Authorities Determining Cause of Multiple-Vehicle Crash
No additional information was provided on the condition of those who were injured in the accident. The investigation into the cause of the accident is being handled by the CHP.
Crash Factors Associated With Multiple-Vehicle Accidents
There is a high risk of serious injury or even death in accidents involving multiple vehicles. This is because one vehicle can be struck more than once. There are a number of factors that contribute to a multiple-vehicle crash, including:
- Drunk driving: Drinking can impair driving skills such as judging distances, having slow reflexes and having impaired judgment. Drinking and driving are responsible for all types of accidents every year.
- Distracted driving: Changing the radio station or texting while driving takes only seconds, resulting in a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Fatigue: It is just as dangerous to drive while fatigued as being intoxicated. Fatigued drivers share many of the characteristics of someone who is intoxicated, from weaving in the roadway and going out of their lane to falling asleep behind the wheel of a car.
- Speed: Speeding is often a contributing factor to a multiple-vehicle crash. Unless the driver has good control, if a car ahead suddenly slows down, he or she cannot stop in time to avoid a collision.
- Tailgating: A multiple-vehicle crash tends to result from tailgating, a practice that starts with two cars without giving other drivers time to stop.
- Roadway negligence: In accidents involving more than one vehicle, poor maintenance of the road can be a contributing factor. Potholes cause vehicles to lose control, leave the lane and strike other cars. Collisions can also be caused by problems other than potholes, such as debris in the roadway, poor lighting and other negligence. Government entities responsible for maintenance may be held liable for accidents resulting in injury or death. The six-month filing deadline for claims against government entities is relatively short and you may find it helpful to hire an attorney if you are filing against one.
My team of accident attorneys and I have helped numerous people seek fair compensation for injuries they sustained as a result of another party’s negligence for many years. Because we are injury lawyers, we work on a contingency basis. This means our clients owe us nothing unless we win their case.
Granite Bay Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Granite Bay car accident lawyer. An attorney can determine who is at fault when multiple vehicles are involved in a collision and you suffer an injury, so you can receive the compensation you deserve. If you would like free and friendly advice, please call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. To discuss your case, inform you about your options for recovering damages, and answer any questions, we can arrange a free consultation, either virtually or in person with one of our injury lawyers. You can also contact us online.
It is with great pride that we are members of the following groups:
Take a look at the following links to see how our accident attorneys have helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by arodsje from Pixabay
:cd llo