Traffic Collision on Olive Avenue Injures Female Pedestrian
A Fresno pedestrian was struck and injured in a traffic collision involving a motor vehicle on October 12. The accident occurred at the Olive Avenue intersection with Abby Street around 9:30 p.m. According to the Fresno Police Department, this is near the Tower District. Although the female pedestrian’s age is unknown, she suffered trauma to her legs but was conscious and awake. The driver of the vehicle that struck the woman stayed at the accident scene and cooperated with officers conducting the investigation into how it occurred.
Leg Injuries Suffered in a Pedestrian Traffic Collision With a Motor Vehicle
When you’ve been hit by a car while walking, the injuries can be severe. Often, people suffer leg injuries that require extensive medical treatment and can lead to long-term problems. If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, it’s important to speak with an experienced Fresno pedestrian accident lawyer who can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Some of the most common leg injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents include:
- Fractured bones – When you’re hit by a car, the force of the impact can cause your bones to break. This is especially true if you’re struck at high speed or if the car hits you with significant force. Often, people suffer fractures in their legs, hips or pelvis.
- Soft tissue injuries – Even if your bones don’t break, the impact from being hit by a car can cause serious soft tissue injuries. This includes damage to your muscles, tendons and ligaments. These types of injuries can be extremely painful and may require surgery to repair.
- Internal bleeding – When a vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the force of the impact can cause internal bleeding. This is a serious condition that can lead to organ damage or even death.
These are just some of the injuries that can be suffered in a pedestrian accident. If you’ve been injured, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately. Once you’ve received treatment for your injuries, you should speak with an experienced Fresno pedestrian accident lawyer who can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Finding a Lawyer to Handle Your Case
At AutoAccident.com, we have many years of experience handling pedestrian accident cases. We know how to investigate these complex cases and build a strong claim for our clients. We’re not afraid to take on the insurance companies and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
The following helps explain how an accident attorney assists someone injured in a traffic collision in recovering damages. Compensation for all damages may be recovered by filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver. The lawyer works to provide the following:
- The lawyer will compile all of your medical expenses and lost wages because you were unable to work due to your traffic accident.
- Your pain and suffering will be calculated, which tells you an approximate value of your total claim.
- The lawyer can handle the negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company, so you don’t have to. Because they know all the tricks an insurance company can pull to lower your compensation or deny your claim, you know you will be in good hands.
- If negotiations with the insurance company fail, the lawyer can take your case to civil court to get you fair compensation.
Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Fresno personal injury lawyer. With legal assistance, you may be able to recover what you deserve following your pedestrian injury. Contact us at (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice. An online contact form is available also.
Explore how our injury lawyers have provided assistance to others in obtaining the compensation they deserve following a traffic collision injury below:
Our association memberships include the following:
:cd llo