Four Injured in Sonora Car Accident
Four people were injured in a Sonora car accident on the afternoon of August 19, 2019. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported a collision had occurred around 5:20 p.m. on Highway 108 near East Avenue. A 34-year-old Twain Harte man was driving his 1996 Toyota eastbound on Highway 108. At the same time, a 1996 Jeep Cherokee was being driven westbound by a 56-year-old Sonora man with two passengers. For unknown reasons, the two vehicles were involved in a head-on collision. Emergency responders were called to the scene to transport the Toyota driver via air ambulance to Memorial Medical Center in Modesto for treatment. A 33-year-old Jamestown woman who was riding as a passenger of the Jeep was flown to Doctor’s Medical Center in Modesto for treatment of serious injuries. The Jeep driver and the other passenger, an 18-year-old Sonora woman, were taken by ambulance to the hospital. Updates regarding the conditions of those injured in the crash were not immediately available.
What to Do After a Sonora Car Accident
There are specific steps to take to protect your financial interests and health. These include:
- Contact Police: Authorities should be contacted to the scene for accidents involving high property damages and injuries. Ask the responding officer to take a traffic collision report. When the report is ready, which is generally two weeks from the date of the accident, request a copy and submit it to your insurer.
- Seek Medical Care: Request emergency responders to the scene of an accident if there are any injuries. Otherwise, schedule an appointment with your primary provider as soon as possible for a full medical evaluation. Inform your doctor that you were involved in a recent accident and let them know of any symptoms you are experiencing. Some catastrophic injuries may not present themselves immediately after a crash, such as a traumatic brain injury. This is why it is critical to meet with your doctor to ensure you receive the best treatment plan possible for your injuries.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact information, driver’s license numbers, and insurance policy information with the other driver. Also, take down the make and model of their vehicle and their license plate. Remain calm and do not discuss who is responsible for the crash.
- Gather Evidence: The amount of documentation and evidence you provide is critical in proving that another driver caused your injuries. If possible, take pictures of the car accident. Include any damage to the vehicles and skid marks on the road. If you or your passengers have suffered visible injuries, be sure to take photos of those as well. This will prove essential in your personal injury claim later.
- Call Your Insurer: Your insurance company should be notified that you have been involved in a car crash immediately. Failing to do so may cause insurance claims adjusters to question your claim or even deny it altogether. If the other driver’s insurance carrier reaches out to you for a recorded statement, politely decline and refer them to your Sonora personal injury attorney.
Overlooking these steps may affect your right to a fair settlement for your injuries and other damages. To learn about the factors that may affect the value of your personal injury claim, watch the below video.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
After an auto accident, you may feel unsure of what to do next. To help you navigate through the challenging insurance claims process, you need the expertise and resources only a Sonora personal injury lawyer has. An attorney with years of experience will work with insurance companies to obtain fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. This way, you will not be taken advantage of by insurance claims adjusters while you are recovering from your injuries.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Sonora
I’m Ed Smith, a Sonora personal injury attorney. Any car accident has the potential to leave those involved with catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident due to the negligent acts of another driver or entity, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 to receive my free, friendly advice.
Browse our client ratings and reviews at:
As a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, I join other lawyers in this group who provide their clients with the highest standards of legal excellence. Another forum I am proud to belong to is the Million Dollar Advocates. This organization limits membership to trial attorneys who have obtained over $1 million for a previous client.
For information about how our law office has helped our past clients with resolving their personal injury cases, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:ds llo [cs 808]