Injuries Reported in Traffic Crash Near Prairie City Road On-Ramp
A traffic crash in Folsom recently reported minor injuries in an HOV lane accident. The collision occurred on westbound U.S. 50 at the northbound Prairie City Road on-ramp around 8:37 a.m. At least one person suffered injuries in the crash and reported the accident to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Traffic Crash Under Investigation to Determine Cause
It is believed that in addition to a Buick and SUV, several other vehicles were possibly involved in the crash. Tow trucks were required to remove several of the vehicles. The roadway was clear by about 9:17 a.m. The CHP is investigating to determine fault in the collision.
Recovery of Compensation in a Traffic Crash
Serious injuries often result from traffic collisions, resulting in costly hospitalizations and lost wages. A driver who is at fault for causing the accident may be liable for compensation to the injured party. The following types of compensation are available:
- Medical expenses: A person may be able to recover medical costs incurred due to an accident injury. The cost of all medical services, including ambulance transportation, hospitalization, physician fees, prescriptions, surgery and rehabilitation is included. The lawyer can calculate future expenses if the injury persists.
- Lost wages: Injuries that prevent a person from working can result in lost wages being recovered. In addition to lost wages, you can also recover pension benefits, insurance coverage, bonuses, and other compensation you received as a worker.
- Physical and psychological pain and suffering: Injuries can cause physical pain and suffering, but compensation can be recovered. In some cases, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, you may need professional help to be compensated emotionally or psychologically after a traffic crash.
Traffic Accident Investigation
The evidence collected by an accident attorney is crucial to a client’s compensation claim. An investigation may include the following:
- Reconstructions of accidents provide insight into what happened during a collision. Insurance companies and civil courts accept such evidence as proof.
- The accuracy of police reports is determined by examining them. Compensation may not be available for a client if the police report contains mistakes.
- If there were witnesses to the traffic crash as it occurred, we interview them. On occasion, a witness recorded the accident on his or her smartphone.
- If the injury accident has been captured on video, we check traffic surveillance cameras around the area.
- Damage to the vehicles, including gouges and paint marks is photographed, which can indicate what car hit another.
Putting Together Evidence to Support a Claim
Our injury lawyer team will be able to handle matters as soon as the evidence has been collected. A strong case to support a compensation claim is built on the evidence gathered.
Folsom Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I am a Folsom wrongful death lawyer. The death of a loved one caused by the negligence of a driver forces the family members to rebuild their lives. It may be possible for the family to file a wrongful death claim when negligence caused the death. Their grief and sense of loss will not be eased by it, but it can help them save themselves from financial stress after a sudden death. If you would like us to provide you with compassionate, free, and friendly advice, please give us a call at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Our online contact form is preferred by others.
We are proud to be a part of the following groups, which illustrate our commitment to our clients:
These links demonstrate how our injury lawyers have helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by Myriams-Fotos from Pixabay
:cd llo