West Sacramento Single-Vehicle Rollover Occurs Near Southport Parkway
A West Sacramento single-vehicle rollover killed one person and sent another to a hospital on January 20. The accident happened around midnight near the Southport Parkway intersection with Silverwood Road. The West Sacramento Police Department reported that the car experienced a rollover and then caught fire.
One Dead, Another Injured in West Sacramento Single-Vehicle Rollover
There were two people inside the vehicle. One died at the accident scene. The other person was transported to a hospital. Information was not released on their condition. Authorities with the West Sacramento Police Department are conducting an investigation to find out what caused the fatal accident.
When a vehicle experiences a rollover, several things can happen to worsen the trauma to those inside. The seat belts may break, or airbags may refuse to deploy. If the vehicle catches fire, severe burn injuries or fatalities can happen. In some cases, roof crush occurs, even though auto manufacturers are obliged to build the roofs and supports of a vehicle to specific standards.
Retaining a vehicle following an accident is essential so that it can be examined for defects. If a defect contributed to the crash injuries or fatalities, a product liability claim may be placed against the manufacturer.
Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Claims
An injury or death caused by another’s negligence in a West Sacramento single-vehicle rollover can result in compensation being sought by you or your family. Having the right accident attorney can be very helpful in determining fault, obtaining evidence, and dealing with the insurance company for the at-fault driver. The lawyer can file a civil lawsuit if negotiations fall apart or the insurance company refuses to pay fair compensation.
Personal Injury Claims in West Sacramento Single-Vehicle Rollover
If you are injured in an accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses by filing a personal injury claim.
- Your medical expenses resulting from your injury can be recovered.
- Your lost wages may be recoverable if your trauma prevents you from working.
- Emotional trauma and pain are compensated.
If a negligent driver causes a fatal West Sacramento single-vehicle rollover, the following may be recovered by the family by filing a wrongful death claim:
- A deceased person’s wages and other benefits are recoverable until retirement.
- Funeral costs and other end-of-life expenses can be recovered for the family.
- Compensating the spouse for the loss of love, moral support, and companionship provided by the decedent may be possible.
- Compensation may be available to the decedent’s children who received support from him/her.
- In some cases, it is possible to recover inheritance losses.
- The loss of household assistance refers to chores tied to the home that the decedent typically completed, such as tax preparation, yard and auto maintenance, cleaning, cooking, and other tasks. Someone else must perform those chores, so the cost is recoverable.
Ed Smith, an accident attorney, offers these tips for choosing a lawyer:
Personal Injury Attorney in West Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in West Sacramento. Our accident attorneys can provide free and friendly legal advice via the telephone at (916) 921-6400. Also, please feel free to contact us through our online form or by calling (800) 404-5400. We will review your case and answer all your questions during your free consultation, which will include your options for compensation.
By clicking on the links to Verdicts and Settlements, Yelp, and Google, you can see some of our lawyers’ accomplishments. The Top 1 Percent and the Million Dollar Advocates are two organizations we’re incredibly proud to belong to.
:cd  cha