Fatal Solo Car Crash Near Panoche Road
On the afternoon of Thursday, December 29, 2022, the California Highway Patrol reported a fatal solo car crash near Panoche Road in Fresno County. The incident occurred at approximately 3:30 p.m. on San Benito Avenue in the vicinity of Panoche Road near Mendota, authorities said.
Details on the Fatal Solo Car Crash Near Panoche Road in Fresno County
Officials said a 20-year-old Davis man was driving southbound on San Benito Avenue when his vehicle allegedly drifted off the roadway and came to a rest in a dirt field after overturning. Authorities noted wet roadways and speed as possible factors in the single-vehicle wreck. There were five occupants, all in the age range of 20 to 25, in the vehicle at the time of the rollover collision.
Four occupants sustained injuries described as moderate to severe. Sadly, one occupant, 22-year-old Yi Yan, an international student at UC Davis, suffered fatal injuries after being ejected from the car, CHP traffic officers reported. An investigation into the fatal solo car crash on San Benito Avenue in Fresno County is ongoing, and no further information was immediately available.
How Can a Wrongful Death Attorney Help Our Family?
The wrongful death claims process may be challenging and overwhelming to navigate due to the different procedures and rules involved. That is why it is useful to retain legal counsel after the sudden loss of a loved one. Some of the many things an accident attorney can do to help your family after an unexpected tragedy include:
- Collecting Evidence: Evidence in support of a wrongful death claim may be collected through document requests, depositions, expert witnesses, and more. This should be done immediately before evidence is lost or destroyed.
- Challenging the Other Party’s Defense Strategies: The insurance company representing the other party or your own may raise defenses to avoid financial liability for the incident. Your Fresno wrongful death lawyer will challenge those defense strategies and protect your right to maximum compensation.
- Negotiate a Settlement Agreement in Your Family’s Favor: Most wrongful death cases are settled out of court. However, that does not necessarily mean that surviving family members should accept a lowball settlement offer to avoid a trial. Your accident lawyer will utilize evidence and arguments to negotiate until your family receives the reasonable settlement offer you all deserve.
- Filing a Lawsuit in Civil Court: A lawsuit must be filed in civil court to protect the statute of limitations. This is generally two years for wrongful death matters in California. Failing to protect it may result in the court’s dismissal of the case and the loss of the right to seek damages.
- Taking the Case to Court: If a mutual settlement agreement cannot be reached, your attorney will prepare the case to take to court to present at a trial. From there, a judge or jury will determine an award that is appropriate for survivors.
After a fatal single-vehicle accident, your family deserves to know what happened and who is responsible. An independent investigation by a skilled injury attorney will help provide your family with the answers you all need. Your lawyer will also work to secure maximum compensation from at-fault parties on your behalf. Learn how our law firm can help you by watching this video.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fresno
I’m Ed Smith, a Fresno personal injury lawyer. The sudden loss of a close relative is a painful event that no family is prepared for. The emotional hardship of such a tragedy may be compounded with anger and frustration when someone else is to blame for the loss. The legal team from AutoAccident.com is here to help your family through this trying time.
If you have questions about your case or the wrongful death claims process, contact our accident attorneys at (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400. We will meet with your family to discuss the specifics of your case and provide free advice that is compassionate and friendly. With our legal team on your side, we will be with your family every step of the way to protect your rights and best interests.
Our past client reviews and ratings speak for themselves. See them on Google, Avvo, and Yelp. We are recognized for our outstanding client service and case results by the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Forum. We are proud to be featured as California sector members in these groups. Check out our history of successful case results listed on our Settlements/Verdicts page.
Photograph Source: “Rodnae” on Pexels
:ds llo [cs 767]